Any tips on getting VorpX to show on DK2 (when secondary)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any tips on getting VorpX to show on DK2 (when secondary)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    baggyg
    Participant

Dear Ralf,

Firstly great latest update, thanks for the hard work. Just a quick question which is an annoyance more than anything else. I have never been able to get VorpX to show when the Rift is extended and secondary.

On my VorpX settings under Display / Monitors I have “Show on Rift DK2”.
    Monitor is set as Primary (1920x1080x75)
    DK2 is set as primary (1920x1080x75)

Whenever I launch it shows on the monitor as opposed to DK2.
    Win 8.1 / i7 4790 / GTX 980.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ralf
    Keymaster

There were reports of some weird cases were the monitor names are swapped for some reason earlier, so selecting ‘Show on [Your other monitor]’ might be worth a try. Never had the chance to investigate that.

Should probably change that to ‘Show on primary/secondary’. Persuading Windows to reveal meaningful monitor names and attribute those to the primary/secondary monitor is a PITA, possible that it doesn’t always work as intended.

baggyg
    Participant

I tried the “Use system settings” option but that made no difference, still went to the monitor.

Tried a host of other things such as setting monitor to be on the right side of the rift and changing just monitor refresh rate to 60hz. Unfortunately nothing seems to push the game to the DK2. My monitor is connected through a DVI / VGA convertor and I wonder whether this is confusing it since it may not get good naming information.

I will give it a go without the monitor but just with my HMZ-T1 and the Rift as that is through HDMI. Anything else I can try do let me know.

baggyg
    Participant

Update: Yeah its definitely that.

I switched out the monitor for my HMZ and then it all worked fine. What happens with my monitor is that there isn’t even an entry for it in VorpX drop down. I either get “Use system settings” or “Show on DK2”. I dont get any other option. With the HMZ it also said “Show on HMZ”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Interesting. Looks like a simple enumeration and using primary, secondary etc. as names is indeed the more reliable option… Will look into this for the next release.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!