I want to be able to show friends the Oculus and have them either watch the screen as I play or have them play as I watch. However since Oculus removed the option to use extended mode on the rift there is no way to do this as the screen just displays black when using the Direct to rift mode with Vorpx. I have tried using Xsplit and Action! to fix the issue since they can both capture Direct to Rift gameplay but neither of them allow me to see what it is capturing in real time.
Is there some way to fix this within Vorpx or a program I missed? Or is this just something that can’t be fixed?
1. Open the vorpX ingame menu with [DEL]
2. Go to the display page of the ingame menu
3. Activate “Direct Mode Show Original”
B. Displaying the stereo view like seen in the headset:
1. Run the game windowed
2. Open the vorpX ingame menu with [DEL]
3. Go to the display page of the ingame menu
4. Activate “Direct Mode Show Mirror Window”. This option is only available when running a game windowed.