Any way to get Dishonored rendered above 1440p?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Any way to get Dishonored rendered above 1440p?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian
    Participant

As the title says, im unable to get Dishonored above 1440p sadly. It looks really pixelated on my HP G2 and forcing SGSAA or changing resolution in ini or registry didnt work.
    It always switches back to 1920×1440.
    Custom resolutions are already added of course

Ralf
    Keymaster

Switching the Windows desktop to the higher resolution or running the game windowed may help. In fullscreen mode some games check the desktop res and don’t allow anything higher than that.

On a sidenote: Keep an eye on performance. Super high resolutions are nice but worth nothing when you get dizzy because of a too low framereate. Also Windows Mixed Reality headsets don’t work right with framerates below half their refresh rate, below that threshold there will be highlly annoying judder.

Sebastian
    Participant

Thanks for answering so fast!
    My monitor isnt able to be switched to 4:3 resolutions sadly and its already in windowed mode. When turning on DSR i’ll lose my custom resolutions for other games and its still 16:9 which is wrong as far as i understand.
    Performance wise it should be good. I can play GTA V and Bioshock 1-3 at incredibly high resolutions in this headset. 2070 Super, 6700k@4,4

Ralf
    Keymaster

You should be able to set your desktop to any resolution that you have defined as a custom resolution normally. You can safely ignore any image stretching you might see on the monitor if the aspect ratio doesn’t match, that’s of no concern for vorpX. If for some reason that doesn’t work, setting an according res with your monitor aspect ratio should also do the trick.

If for example on a 1080p monitor you want to use 1920×1440 with a game that checks the desktop size, setting the desktop to 2560×1440 should be perfectly fine.

Sebastian
    Participant

I have to try it again tomorrow on my TV. My Monitor is 1440p 165hz AOC which somehow just turns off when i set it to any 4:3 resolution. I was able to set custom resolutions with it by simply navigating blind with cursors and enter though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure to add custom resolutions with 60Hz on monitors that allow higher frequencies.

Sebastian
    Participant

That did it! Every resolution problem i had has been solved by this. Resident Evil 7, Half Life 2, Black Mesa, Portal, Dishonored, Bioshock, they all look better than i couldve imagined!

The problem was that i tried to be clever when setting the custom resolutions and used 90hz.
    Now at 60hz every game lets me choose them and its incredibly beautiful! My Monitor is still at 1440p@165hz and i strangely have to use fullscreen in my headset everywhere to get the desired resolution but it works great!

Thank you so much!

Smoils
    Participant

you need to use fullscreen because you are trying to go over monitor resolution, if you set desktop resolution same or bigger as one you set in game you can play windowed.

Sebastian
    Participant

Ah ok thanks, didnt know that too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!