Any way to get Skyrim+ENB+VorpX

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any way to get Skyrim+ENB+VorpX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    loki1944
    Participant

Not only does VorpX not work with d3d9.dll present; it also doesn’t work with dxgi.dll present, so even if you get around the d3d9.dll problem with the injector version of the binary, any ENB preset that actually looks good uses a dxgi.dll. Anybody found a way around the dxgi.dll problem?

Dukealicious
    Participant

You are right you have to use the injector version. However the Grim and Somber Auzura ENB 264-50501-6-0-3 looks pretty awesome in the Rift.

Unfortunately I have a GTX 970 and even overclocked the game just cant keep up a high enough frame rate in outdoor areas (especially when enemies show up) with an ENB enabled. Some of the lighter ENBs maybe but the DK2’s screen is still too low res for the enhancements of those ENBs too show up in any real noticeable fashion. That and crash to desktop is like 10 times more likely to happen when the ENBs used in the Rift.

I spent 2 weeks tweaking and really trying to sort out the issue. Moral of the story is that Skyrim ENBs in the Rift are not worth the effort. When CV1 comes out and the massive Skyrim modding community gets involved you can bet it will be figured out in a month.

lipplog
    Participant

even overclocked the game just cant keep up a high enough frame rate in outdoor areas (especially when enemies show up) with an ENB enabled.

That’s what I thought, until I realized two very important things that now have my modded Skyrim running smoothly with RealVision on my 780ti.

1. Open Steam –> Skyrim –> Play –> “Option” and change your resolution to 1920×1080. Lowering my resolution fixed all my FPS issues like magic.

2. Make sure you’ve correctly setup the ENBoost memory patch. Doing this put an end to all my crash to desktops. This video does a good step-by-step… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdar8cIGd24

Note: I’m assuming you’ve installed the skse.ini memory fix, and are using Mod Organizer.

lipplog
    Participant

Also you’ll have to go into your ENB presets and change “EnableDetailedShadows=” to “false”

grumdark
    Participant

I have the impression that since Oculus requires the use direct mode,in its last runtimes,injected games with Vorpx,have suffered a loss of performance.
    Asincronous timewarp helps a little,but not sufficiently for fix the problem.
    Direct mode is very comfortable for the user,but I think,has introduced a performance loss with injected games.

The only thing that has worked well for me,and has managed to alleviate this problem is to lower the internal resolution in games.

Curiously,since the compilation 0.7 / 0.8 runtime Oculus…
    Vorpx supports the capacity to change internal resolutions,and therefore other type relations aspect in many games.
    In part,this is very good to recover a percentage of gaming performance,avoiding rendering parts that were not visible through the lens,and they were being taken advantage of,and help with other problems Fov in some cases.

But in any case,I am concerned that there should be a performance problem from the obligation of direct modes…
    I think that Ralf is aware of this problem,and is working to alleviate this,as far as possible.

This is only a personal opinion,based on my tests,and might change at any time due to possible improvements.
    Regards.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Due to the far more complex rendering pipeline direct mode did cost about 15%-20% of raw performance when it was introduced last year. This was however compemsated fairly well by async timewarp, which also reduces latency. So all in all this was a win in most cases despite the lower raw performance.

With the new driver side async timewarp in 1.3 that supersedes the prior custom solution things feel even snappier. In the mid term at least a part of the lost performance *may* (emphasis on may) be gained back. That won’t make it into the first 1.3 update though.

lipplog
    Participant

Due to the far more complex rendering pipeline direct mode did cost about 15%-20% of raw performance when it was introduced last year. This was however compemsated fairly well by async timewarp, which also reduces latency. So all in all this was a win in most cases despite the lower raw performance.

With the new driver side async timewarp in 1.3 that supersedes the prior custom solution things feel even snappier. In the mid term at least a part of the lost performance *may* (emphasis on may) be gained back. That won’t make it into the first 1.3 update though.

Hi Ralf,

It’s been a while since I tried VorpX Skyrim with an ENB, and I forgot which specific ENB setting I have to turn off to restore 3D. Do you remember by chance?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!