Anyone got stereo vision working in farcry new dawn?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Anyone got stereo vision working in farcry new dawn?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    chozabu
    Participant

I’ve spent a little longer than I care to mention trying this out, it seems everything except stereo vision works.

Tried basing on the top rated FC5 profile from the cloud, and the official FC primal profile, also checked all 3d vision modes and an alt+L rescan with no luck.

Spotted nvidia 3dvision fixes mentioned for primal, which may be needed for it to have stereo with vorpx.

Feeling a little lost at the mo. Will check into other options and report back here if I get it working

steph12
    Participant

farcry 5 and dlc has anticheat system is ruining the hooking vorpx method.
    it just doesnt work i believe.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi look for a trainer.And your reward will be a Z3d far cry 5 vorpy experience

dellrifter22
    Participant

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the standalone New Dawn shipped with any anticheat as it has no competitive multiplayer. So hooking shouldn’t be a problem. This might suggest New Dawn could get official support in the near future.

This would be good news for FC5 also, assuming the profile could be copied and applied to give G3D/Z3D.

As it currently stands, the FC5 profile I uploaded to the cloud last year no longer works. It hooks, but Z3D does not anymore. I have failed to find any other profile to get it working again. I haven’t wanted to bother Ralf about it (since it’s not a supported game) but since the update before Christmas, something about the way Z3D works is now broken for a couple games. So until Ralf decides to take a look at it, I don’t think we can get stereoscopic working. I’ll try some more this week, but I’ve already tried my best guesses.

chozabu
    Participant

So, I tried to get stereo with reshade…

and it worked! Both with regular depth3d and superdepth3d.
    Main tweak needed was changing the depth buffer mode to “reversed”, but I also tweaked a few other values to get a better feeling of depth. (upped top setting, perhaps convergance from about 3.5 to severalx that, may have scaled depth too)

A very handy (but perhaps not vital) tool for getting the settings right was its “visualise depth buffer” option. With that I could see some faint shapes of nearby objects until I changed the depth mode to “reversed”

I don’t think vorpx has the config options to do this? Would love to be wrong, as it does so much more than the reshade option.

Also, don’t think we can mix reshade and vorpx, and the two apps I tried to get it displaying on my vive without vorpx (bigscreen and virtual space) seemed to lack in performance (particularly virtual space)

Still – reshade being able to do it makes me fairly confident VorpX can, and hopefully better too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does FC New Dawn also use Easy Anti Cheat?

I’d really love to add official support, but for FC5 EAC makes that a no-go currently unfortunately. Damn the ongoing microtransactions trend, even in single player games. Without microtransactions no single player game would ever need something like EAC.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Maybe chozabu can open his install directory and tell us if there is any folder for Easy Anti Cheat.

My searches on the steam forum suggest no EAC for new dawn, as there are no problem threads related to EAC and a couple people have mentioned no EAC folder in directory.

I also noticed New Dawn is not listed among the partnered games on EAC website. It claims to be stand alone from FC5 (like Primal was to 4), so it should not be categorized as FC5.

I guess steam try/refund would be a way to find out for sure.

The new EAC trend does indeed worry me. Can’t say I’m excited for the coming game streaming services either, suggesting we wont have access to local directories for modding or hooking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I guess I just buy a copy and see what is possible.

Game streaming doesn’t exactly sound appealing to me either. However, even if Google’s new attempt proves to be more successful than all others before, I don’t really see it as a threat for some time to come. In the long run streaming might take over eventually, but certainly not for the next 10 years or so.

dellrifter22
    Participant

It happens to be half off on steam right now for the Ubisoft publisher sale. Not bad.

My concern for the meantime is if they buy exclusive rights to a beloved franchise. In this digital service war that is brewing, publishers seem to be buying up studios for this reason.

Hopefully strong modding communities can make a case, and (Google) builds in some way to upload client settings and modifications to the stream server.

Anyway, we are yet to see if the pure streaming model will even succeed. Hopefully not for many years at least :) .

chozabu
    Participant

I don’t see an obvious mention of eac in my install directory, though what should I be looking for?

I don’t think the VorpX is stopped from attaching, as it seems to launch OK, runs in immersive mode, has HMD rotation… just in 2D (or perhaps 3d so weak I cannot tell, as with the default reshade settings)

Will try removing reshade to give vorpx+newdawn another go soon

aLi3nZ
    Participant

Was really hoping for VorpX G3D + FarCry new Dawn. The game is amazing and I kind of want to postpone playing until G3d is possible.

chtiblue
    Participant

It seems to be working well with the Far Cry 5’s G3G profile from dellrifter22 in VR mode

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. I nearly picked this up over the sale to try, but there are so many games. Next time.

I imagine terrain textures still look a bit off, something I hope we can fix with later additions to the shader tool.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Does it work with Far Cry Blood Dragon?

chtiblue
    Participant

I imagine terrain textures still look a bit off, something I hope we can fix with later additions to the shader tool.

The main thing is shadows are off, I had to switch to Z3D…

I’m hoping you could fix it ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!