Anyone had any luck with NWN:EE?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Anyone had any luck with NWN:EE?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Senan
    Participant

I’ve tried both rjkole’s profile (which usually work great) and a Quake IV copy as Ralf suggested in an old thread. Both of them have terrible flickering, with the right eye constantly going black.

I understand this game uses OpenGL which doesn’t play well with Vorpx. Does that mean this is a fruitless endeavor? If there is a way to get this working, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ralf
    Keymaster

OpenGL support is more of a personal pet project than something vorpX does ‘officially’. It’s limited to fairly old fixed function versions of OpenGL. Anything that uses shaders won’t work.

Never tried it, but rjkole’s profile is likely for the original version of the game, not the EE. Should still be available on GOG, not sure about Steam.

Senan
    Participant

OpenGL support is more of a personal pet project than something vorpX does ‘officially’. It’s limited to fairly old fixed function versions of OpenGL. Anything that uses shaders won’t work.

Never tried it, but rjkole’s profile is likely for the original version of the game, not the EE. Should still be available on GOG, not sure about Steam.

Damn, that’s a shame. I figured it was something like that. I was mainly looking to take part in the persistent online player-made worlds in the game but sadly, it seems that the new version of NWN is the only one that still supports that.

Ah well, thanks for the clarification in any case.

Senan
    Participant

Sorry to bump this but do you know if there’s anything that could stop the constant black out of one of the eyes? Or more specifically, it blacks out the graphics and leaves the text. It’s a shame because when both eyes are working, the 3D depth is actually pretty good and the experience would probably be decent. I tried turning off all the shaders in the game options, but nothing seemed to fix it. Kind of wish I had an older GPU (back the Nvidia 3D support) so I could try this opengl-to-directx wrapper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!