Anyone REALLY gotten this to work with an MMORPG?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Anyone REALLY gotten this to work with an MMORPG?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    flepatri
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get The Elder Scrolls Online working (in VR, not “cinema view”), but it is looking like a lost cause- the first person camera has a limit of 65 degrees (apparently even the engine tops out at 110), and all of the mentions of 3rd party FOV mods are broken links. Even if you can put up with the nauseatingly narrow FOV, you get slaughtered in combat because you can’t see the danger zones.

Elite: Dangerous is of course gorgeous and immersive right out of the box, but it’s lacking in the compelling content and exciting loot departments, so it gets old pretty fast.

Has someone tried this with a MMORPG that actually works, both for immersive VR and playability?

aFutureFlashback
    Participant

As far as I can tell this software is really just a gimmick. It’s only working about 1/10th of the time. I managed to get ESO and GTA5 to work one time each, and that was after hours of screwing with things that should have nothing to do with this. Seems the only real “support” I’ve seen is “try disabling your AV” which should just be obvious.

If it helps the way I got it to work the one time was by restarting steam, restarting SteamVR and THEN starting VorpX again. NOTE: Even though those steps worked once it never worked again for me.

It simply starts the game in the VorpX small screen on my monitor and doesn’t load in the Oculus HMD.

EDIT: For the record the only game I can get to work 100% of the time through the HMD is BF4 in 64x bit version.

flepatri
    Participant

Oh, I’m not having any technical problems with the driver- I’ve never seen it crash or fail to show up in my headset (Oculus CV1 on Windows 8.1). My issue is that my favorite MMORPG at the moment (TESO) utterly fails at VR, because of telescopic FOV and gameplay designed for 3rd person camera, and I’m looking for a happy medium between TESO (awesome game, fail VR) and E:D (fail game, awesome VR)…

aFutureFlashback
    Participant

Oh I feel ya. Post back once you resolve this so I can fix that too mate!

Also for future reference in case someone comes across this, I got GTA to work again today by running both VorpX and SteamVR and Steam all as admin DIRECTLY after a restart of my windows 10 PC (Oculus CV1)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!