Arma 3

Homepage Forums Technical Support Arma 3

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kais58
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using win 10 and sdk 0.6 and arma 3 crashes when it tries to load during the splash screen, with and without mods after verifying game cache.

I think it’s an issue with it crashing when vorpx tries to hook in, though vorpx crashes if I try to run it as admin so cant test that.

thanks for any help

jungleboy123
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue when running arma 3 with vorpx.

After around 10-15 mins in-game it will always crash. It also crashes if i exit a map.

The error is 0xc0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. I really like arma 3 with VR & Vorpx, but at the moment it is unplayable for me.

seanmoreno
    Participant

Hi guys!jungleboy123 I have exactly the same problem ( crash when I exit a map). I have the dk2 and my brother has the same issue with dk1 as well. :/

jungleboy123
    Participant

Hi Sean,

Yes i can confirm the same issue.

Unfortunately it looks like its definitely an issue/conflict with arma 3 and the vorpx driver. The game works fine for me without running VORPX.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the 0.9 release, as i bought VORPX specifically for ARMA 3. This game basically runs perfectly with VORPX.

gagagu
    Participant

Hi,
    I am running windows 10, latest vorpx and latest oculus runtime.
    When i will start arma3 the dk2 screen is still black and nothing is showing.
    Arma itself is working without any issues and vorpx is started.

Any ideas?

cha55son
    Participant

Same issue here. When I start Arma 3 with the Vorpx driver running nothing happens. Not even an error message. I’m running vorpx 0.9.

System:
    Windows 10
    Geforce 970
    I7 970 3.4Ghz
    12GB RAM

gagagu
    Participant

Hi,
    may be it’s an important info: I’m starting ARMA3 as Administrator to make it running on Win10.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little heads up that vorpX also has to run as admin when you launch a game as admin, otherwisw it can’t hook.

In general this should be avoided though, please do it only if necessary.

cha55son
    Participant

I still can’t get it to work properly. Works fine when vorpx control is not running. I don’t have much running on this computer. (I can list running services upon request) I’ve also disabled the steam overlay to eliminate that concern.

# Scenario 1
    1. Start Arma 3 (non-admin)
    2. Works (no hmd support, of course)

# Scenario 2
    1. Start Vorpx control (non-admin)
    2. Start Arma 3 (non-admin)
    3. Fails

# Scenario 3
    1. Start Vorpx control (admin)
    2. Start Arma 3 (non-admin)
    3. Fails

# Scenario 4
    1. Start Vorpx control (admin)
    2. Start Arma 3 (admin)
    3. Fails

When it fails I get no error message, the Arma logo just disappears.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: make sure to not join a BattleEye enabled server. Since a BE update some time ago vorpX does not work with BE anymore and its author unfortunately doesn’t want to revert the according changes.

dandealer
    Participant

Disabled Battleye from the launcher worked for (w7 or 0.7), it freezes randomly and its a pitty because its an amazing experience

A bit off topic but I started to play it stand up and controlling my rotation direction with the headset and using a wiimote and nunchuck for other controls, I do the same in skyrim, simply amazing, Im considering seriously make a ODT just for thise two games with vorpx

gagagu
    Participant

Hi,
    i’ve tested the same configuration on my second pc. All is started with no compatibility options and no “start as admin” option. Everything is working fine, except that opentrack is not working with 0.8 runtime but it’s not an issue for here.

gagagu
    Participant

ahhhhh, i just see that i’m using runtime 0.7 on my second pc (on the pc where arma and vorpx is working). May that’s the issue. I will check it this evening a little bit further.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!