ARMA 3/Crysis 3 head tracking is not working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion ARMA 3/Crysis 3 head tracking is not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bitmag
    Participant

Hello! I just purchased vorpx and started my arma 3 with it. I’m using oculus rift cv1. Everything went fine except my weapon is moving with my head – just like I would do it with mouse normally. How to make my head move separately? I want to move my body with weapon by mouse and I want to move my head using oculus tracking system. How to setup it?

bitmag
    Participant

Also I can’t forward sound to oculus sound device. Any solution?

bitmag
    Participant

Same issue as with ARMA 3 – when I move my head – I’m actually move my body – not a head separately. Any solution? Device is Oculus Rift CV1

bitmag
    Participant

Also – no sound in oculus sound device.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX cannot separate head from body motion if a game desn’t support this by itself. Arma 3 is one of the rare exceptions, but it requires an extra tool (OpenTrack) to translate the head tracking data to TrackIR data. The procedure is explained in the video below, but I’m not sure whether OpenTrack was already updated for the final Rift/Vive. Worth a try though.

If the automatic audio switching does not work, you can do it manually either using Windows or the vorpX config app. For the latter open the Trouble Shooting page in the config app and click the “Set Windows Default Audio Device” button. In the selection list that now opens select the Rift/Vive sound device.

bitmag
    Participant

Managed to make opentrack work with cv1. Had to install LibOVRWrapper-1.2 libs and it worked. But opentrack require very gentle setup to make it work good. Currently I’m not satisfied with this solution… Got my had displaced and overturned all the time…

Question to vorpx team: if it’s doable with opentrack – why can’t you integrate all functionality into vorpx itself? Opentrack is open source – just look code.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a legal matter, not a technical one. The TrackIR protocol, which OpenTrack uses to provide this functionality for Arma 3, is patented and the company behind it is serious about protecting its intellectual property. It’s impossible to hack the TrackIR protocol like OpenTrack does without violating IP. Actually it’s quite surprising that OpenTrack exists at all, theoretically they could shut it down any second.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!