Arma 3 issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Arma 3 issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nidrews
    Participant

I’m having 2 issues with trying to run arma 3 with a valve index and vorpx.
    The first issue is that in full VR mode the whole screen moves with my head and I have to turn to cinema mode to make that stop, trackIR is on in the settings and headtracking is also on in vorpx but it isn’t working at all for full VR.
    Second issue is that as soon as I launch a mission in arma with vorpx running it locks up the game and I can’t play. If I run arma 3 with vorpx not running I have 0 issues so I know it’s a vorpx thing.
    I have tried searching the forums and used the suggestions to fix this but I’m pretty frustrated at this point.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow the instructions displayed in the top/left corner of the game window regarding TrackIR. Enabling TrackIR in the game options provides fully decoupled 1:1 head tracking.

Not sure about the other issue, sorry. The game is working fine for years under normal circumstances. If you happen to have any mods installed, please check whether the issue also occurs without. Same for any tools/utilities you may have running that hooking into DirectX. E.g. CPU/GPU tools, FPS counter and basically anything that can display overlays in games.

nidrews
    Participant

TrackIR is enabled in the game options and opentrack works fine but it isn’t translating into vorpx and is coupled.
    I don’t run any mods when I was testing but I can try to see if I have any extra overlay stuff possibly interfering.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No need for OpenTrack. vorpX handles TrackIR itself by launching an own OpenTrack instance. While you theoretically can use an an external OpenTrack, using the internal solution is preferable since that way you don’t have to care about enabling/disabling vorpX’s default head tracking.

If you already tinkered a lot with settings in the vorpX menu, please reset the profile to default and then just make sure that TrackIR is on in the game options as well as in the vorpX menu.

nidrews
    Participant

I’ve tried it with the instance of opentrack that vorpx uses, as well as launching my own opentrack and I’ve reset the settings in vorpx multiple times. Still is stuck.
    When I use opentrack on it’s own with trackIR on then it works fine but then it doesn’t display in VR by it’s at least uncoupled, with vorpx though I can’t get it to uncouple in full VR mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reset everything to default and then just follow the instructions that are displayed in the top/left corner of the game window. The game was extensively tested during the development of the TrackIR integration, it’s working fine for years, and there isn’t really any reason why that wouldn’t work for you.

nidrews
    Participant

As I said before I have done that, I reset all the settings and trackIR is ON in the arma settings. It is still coupled. Maybe give a suggestion or help that isn’t such a room temp IQ response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I understand your frustration, unfortunately as far as TrackIR is concerned there isn’t really anything else I can suggest besides following the instructions. That’s all that has to be done under normal circumstances, it’s working that way for years.

If for some reason your setup doesn’t work as intended with TrackIR, you can however disable TrackIR in the game as well as in vorpX and play with mouse emulation tracking instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!