[SOLVED] Arma3 won't start after vorpx used

Homepage Forums Technical Support [SOLVED] Arma3 won't start after vorpx used

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bobd
    Participant

Like the title says. When I try to start Arma3, says already running. Arma3 launcher shows running in the background, but nothing starts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe there is a crashed instance still running in the background that you can end using the Windows task manager. If you can’t find one in the task manager, rebooting your PC will almost certainly help in this case.

bobd
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, but nothing helped. Finally I uninstalled vorpx. Also couldn’t even uninstall Arma3, cus steam wouldn’t start. I unstalled steam, & called it a day. I”ll wait a while hoping vorpx will improve (I hope), then try again. Not the best $40 I even spent..

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX doesn’t do anything unless you start it, it’s just a normal program. There aren’t any backround processes or similar things that get activated automatically. It 100% can’t have any influence on Arma 3 starting or not unless you start vorpX. Even if it crashes with vorpX and then doesn’t start again after using vorpX, a reboot will definitely help. No need to uninstall vorpX.

Apart from that Arma 3 is used regularly by quite a few users for years. Just be aware that it won’t work with BattleEye enabled. Unfortunately the BattleEye programmer some time ago made his program incompatible with vorpX.

bobd
    Participant

All I can say is I’ve had Arma3 from the start with no problems, till vorpx. You can make any kind of claim you want, but that fact remains.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Some time ago someone did a in-depth Arma III video. It covers a lot more than just basically starting it, and you don’t need to do everything it explains, but maybe it can help you get it running.

bobd
    Participant

Oh, I can get it running. Just need to download steam, & arma3 again. As for vorpx I’ll wait… End of story.

Milo
    Participant

I haven’t checked out the video and I don’t know how long ago it was made but I do know that there is an issue with Punkbuster in ARMA now (since lastest DLC) seeing the Oculus rift’s head tracking unit as a cheat. While ARMA Devs might want to fix that, they can’t since Punkbuster is a Valve product that they are only using to cut down on hackers. For obvious reasons it is not in the best interest of Valve to make sure a competitor’s equipment works. The issue is that since the Tanoa dlc steam now starts punkbuster BEFORE launching ARMA so you can’t use your occulus rift even in single player. This isn’t an ARMA or VorpX issue, and I’m still trying to find a workaround myself since pretty much the only reason I purchased my Rift is for ARMA.

Milo
    Participant

Sorry, I kept calling it Punkbuster, I meant BattleEye.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘[SOLVED] Arma3 won't start after vorpx used’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!