ARMA3 won’t start

Homepage Forums Technical Support ARMA3 won’t start

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robdog
    Participant

I have been playing ARMA3 for a while on a Pimax. Since the last Vorpx update in December the game will no longer start in Vorpx. When I start the game the screen goes blank with the Vorpx logo at the bottom and just stays like that. The VR goggles display show ARMA3 starting next. Anyone else come across this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No hooking problem here with Arma 3 and the latest vorpX.

Hooking issues that suddenly occur after a vorpX update may be related to some overzealous AV software disliking the new version.

If you use anything else than Windows Defender, try to disable your AV software for testing. Note that some third AV programs are notoriously hard to disable, you may have to disable several modules. If that helps, try to add an exclusion for the vorpX program (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) and the game install folder.

Alternatively consider switching to Windows Defender, which is less likely to cause problems. On Windows 10 Windows Defender kicks in automatically when you uninstall third party AV programs.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update: Getting the same here now. Worked in a first test but never since. I will have to investigate this further. Fingers crossed that it’s some vorpX issue, not the game blocking vorpX entirely all of a sudden. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update 2: Try to run the game windowed. That works for me while running it fullscreen causes the symptoms you describe. I’ll take a closer look and if possible provide a better fix with the next vorpX version.

Robdog
    Participant

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the problem

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great. I also implemented a fix for the underlying issue in the meantime. One of those little code changes that are an improvement in general, but have a negative side effect in one or the other unusual case. With the next update Arma 3 will run fullscreen again.

DevWolf
    Participant

Was working for a short time on windowed. Now broken on there too. Arma3 no longer works even with workarounds…. Someone please fix this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The vorpX 20.1.0 regression that this thread was about has been resolved with 20.1.1 in January.

if you still have trouble running the game, please check for potential conflicts with other programs that you might have running in the background. you can find more detailed information on the matter in the pinned post on top of this sub-forum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!