Async Render & Fluid Sync vs WMR Motion Reprojection

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Async Render & Fluid Sync vs WMR Motion Reprojection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I have a question how to properly and effectively use vorpX’s Async Render and Fluid Sync together with WMR’s Motion Reprojection.

I understand that:
    – Async Render reprojects the game’s output to HMD’s refresh rate (90mhz for my Reverb)
    – Fluid Sync halves games’ frames to half the HMD’s refresh rate (45mhz for my Reverb)

So how to use this together with the WMR’s Motion Reprojection that basically does the same thing? To achieve the most efficient setup – what would you recommend to switch on, off or auto?

Related to that question, is vorpX able to use the WMR’s Motion Reprojection for its better performance?

Thanks, I am obviously a bit lost here… :-)

Milan

Ralf
    Keymaster

Best to leave everything at ‘Device Default’. I periodically check common headset types (Oculus, Vive, Index, WMR, Pimax) and in case something changes in the vendor runtimes, the ‘Device Default’ setting gets updated with what makes most sense at the time. If you want to experiment, you can of course, not entirely impossible that for one or the other game something else works better, but that’s not very likely. Better spend your time playing.

Long story short: leave these settings at ‘Device Default’ unless you have a specific reason to change them.

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks for the Reply, Ralf.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!