Attaching to Wow.exe (fail)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Attaching to Wow.exe (fail)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Triple88a
    Participant

I’m playing Wow on Warmane (private server) and vorpX wont attach to the .exe.

The game runs on DX9

I have however ran Tridef3D and that hooks on properly. Any ideas how to make VorpX work natively?

Currently I can use Tridef3D to do a side by side 3d and then use VorpX desktop viewer to view the side by side 3d image into the headset (oculus Q2)

lousyelf
    Participant

I have the same problem and would be interested in a solution or a hint how to further troubleshoot this.

Vorpx does not attach to the vanilla wow client (v1.12.1).

It works just fine for the retail and the wowclassic client but not for the vanilla client that is used for most private servers running the real vanilla wow.

Cheers :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only the latest official build is supported (in DX11 mode), sorry.

lousyelf
    Participant

Only the latest official build is supported (in DX11 mode), sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply! Would it be possible to also support the vanilla client in the future? Can I submit this as a feature request somewhere? :)

There is a quite active community of players e.g. on everlook.org which has 5-10k active players currently and I have seen some other people on this board here that tried to play vanilla too.

Cheers :)

Senan
    Participant

I’d like to second the request to enable dx9 support for WoW. I found what seems like the exact WoW experience I’ve been looking for and I was really sad to find out I couldn’t hook the game because it uses the older client with dx9. I was under the impression that most dx9 games worked with Vorpx. Is there any reason it won’t work for older versions of WoW? I’m thinking of trying out tridef just to see if I can get a similar stereo 3D effect but I’ve heard it’s not near as polished/good as vorpx.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!