AutoHotKey presses for re-centering view

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion AutoHotKey presses for re-centering view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    what595654
    Participant

So, the VR headset I use, drifts, due to not having positional tracking.

Does anyone know how to create a hotkey for alt-space, to automatically re-center the view every 10 seconds?

what595654
    Participant

What process handles checking for key strokes like re-centering in Vorpx?

If I use AutoHotKey, I should be able to do something like this…

Loop
    {
    SetTitleMatchMode, 2
    SetTitleMatchMode, 2ace
    DetectHiddenWindows, On

WinGet, WinID, ID, vorpX VR Driver Control
    WinActivate, ahk_id %WinID%
    Send, !space
    Sleep 5000
    }

Ralf
    Keymaster

Keyboard input is polled directly in hooked games.

Out of curiosity: what headset would drift so heavily that it requires recentering every 10secs? Not even my pre-Rift-DK1 DIY headset was that bad.

what595654
    Participant

This one…https://www.walmart.com/ip/VR-Tek-Windows-VR-Glasses-FHD-Resolution-2560×1440-Black/56206937

The 2560×1440 rgb stripe version has better lenses than the 1440×1440 version, and a vibrant screen. Better than my Rift, Vive Pro, Odyssey, Pimax 5k plus, GearVR, Lenovo, so on.

I own all the headsets, and it’s the sharpest headset I own. The motion blurring it terrible, and the lenses aren’t the best, but it has a very sharp screen, with almost no sde.

But, the drift is pretty bad. I was playing with head tracking locked, but it started making me sick, and I couldn’t read some of the UI.

Do you think you could add an option to alt-space at a certain time interval? I haven’t been able to get it to work with a script.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll put it on my ‘maybe-features’ list, but don’t get your hopes up for seeing this anytime soon.

Try without setting the active window in Autohotkey, maybe you didn’t get the right one. If you don’t set one, Autohotkey might try the system’s current input window. According to the Autohotkey docs there are also supposedly more reliable variants of the send command. Probably worth a shot to try all of them.

dellrifter22
    Participant

The only problem I see with automated reset is during moments you are looking to the sides and not expecting a recenter. It could be more jarring.

I’ve had to deal with a lot of drift with the Pimax 4k, recentering habitually every 20-30 seconds. My only advice would be to rebind to a more convenient key. I use Q to pretty good effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!