Autorun WMR

Homepage Forums Technical Support Autorun WMR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    flolore
    Participant

hi, do you know a way to disable the autorun of “windows mixed reality” please? This autorun starts when you put the headset but it causes problems with vorpx when loading a game…

Minabe
    Participant

WMR headsets need the WMR software to run, no 2 ways about it. I advise you to load steamvr after the WMR window opens up and before it enters the virtual desktop, a sort of exploit to avoid it altogether (though it’ll still be open in the background).

Also, i’d advise you to only load Vorpx just before starting a game, both so it won’t conflict with anything else and so that it woun’t attach by accident to another program, at least i tend to forget i have it on and it attaches to most other things i open.

flolore
    Participant

Thank you for your answer, but I really prefer to disable this autorun. I do not want to uninstall WMR Portal, it works very well but is there really no possibility to disable this autorun via the registry for example? I have an asus hc 102 that works very well with VorpX, when (with luck) there is no conflict at launch with this damn autorun WMR Portal …

Minabe
    Participant

Seems you didn’t understand. If you uninstall the WMR Portal, you can’t use the WMR headset. In the same train, again, if you were to disable the autorun you wouldn’t be able to use the WMR headset bc it would be the same as not having the software installed, no two ways about it.

Best thing you can go for is minimizing resources the WMR Portal uses by bypassing it with SteamVR.

Edit: I also have that same headset, first days were kinda confusing bc of all the settings available. I recommend you to enable forced joystick, you’ll be able to move in any virtual setting, including movies; as well as disabling motion reprojection though this is more of a personal preference.

flolore
    Participant

Thank you, I understand what you are saying, I will try to follow that

Best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!