Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Avatar (SBS) Profile Settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Am posting this again because the original post does not exist anymore.

If you want to use the Avatar (SBS) Profile you must do the settings below to use G3D Mode. This is not a hack, i was using legal inGame settings and vorpX capabilities.

James Camerons Avatar is a great game, all those crazy plants and colours you know from the movie look insane in Geometry 3D.

Sadly some shaders were badly broken when using Far Cry 2/3 Profiles. Other engines didnt work at all. – This morning, i read somewhere here in the forum about Ralf mentioning some Side by Side profiles for media players, this let me experiment with some of those.

I do not know if other games beside Avatar and Far Cry 2 provide internal 3D functions for example for 3D Tv’s, but any game which provides this should work this way(SBS).

In certain for Avatar the following settings must be done, otherwise you will get a too wide image or 3D will not work.

1- use a Desktop resolution of 8:9 , example: 1920×2160
    2- enable “dont stretch” in the Nvidia panel
    3- set ingame (for this example to: 2160×2160, dont ask me why this ratio works best)
    4- enable 3D under the games Video Settings
    5- choose Side by Side mode
    6- keep Force Widescreen OFF
    7- Set antialiasing to 4
    8- dont use DX10

use the profile from the cloud called : Avatar (SBS)

— — –

Geometry 3D works excellent this way, no broken shaders, you can keep Bloom and Shadown ON, the only thing is that a Media player profile does not have as many settings as a real G3D profile. With a “real” G3D profile more depch can be set, positional headtracking , camera height ect. is missing here but headtracking in main works. AA brings more smoothness into the game. Turn OFF of you need some more frames.

This profile should be quite an alternative until a real G3D profile with more options can be availaible

senoctar
    Participant

There is a list on PCGamingWiki with Native 3D support https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/w/index.php?title=Glossary:Native_3D. Of course it’s not comprehensive, you might notice Avatar and Far Cry 2 are not there.

Of the 37 games, 16 have vorpX profiles (based on the data that you are probably filling in on the wiki). At least Shadow of the Tomb Raider is SBS in the official vorpX profile.
    I used SOTR profile to hook into other DX11 games supporting SBS. Now it should be possible for older DX9 based on the Avatar profile.

RJK_
    Participant

Ah, some editors on PCGW are probably mixed up with Native and SBS support. Not shure if i would call SBS – “Native”. I think i will leave these entries alone for now until this has been clarified. (One possible reason may be the lack of an “SBS” field in their site editor.)

edit:

…Note that the guide currently does not distinguish between stereoscopic glasses (e.g. native 3D TV support, side-by-side) and colored glasses (e.g. red-cyan, red-blue, green-purple) …

Your right, after reading that your games mentioned should be placed in there.

senoctar
    Participant

Yeah, “native” just means without a framework, but doesn’t necessarily mean SBS.

I just tried Trine 3 (which is DX9) with the Avatar profile and it works. The official profile is not SBS, shadows are disabled and there were some minor glitches. With the SBS profile these issues are not present. Trine 3 has in-game setting for separation, convergence and UI depth, but not for FOV and height.

For some games it might be worth trading some settings and horizontal resolution (essentially all of them are Half-SBS) in exchange for less graphical issues and usually better performance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!