Baldur’s Gate 3 Black screen

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Baldur’s Gate 3 Black screen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elseb
    Participant

Hi, I’ve only started using VorpX recently, managed to run it with arma3 alrigh, I’m trying to use it with Baldur’s gate 3 but all i get the game runs on the pc screen but all i ged on HMD is black, I’ve tried with quest 2 and 3

any help appreciated
    thanks
    Seb

Ralf
    Keymaster

Make sure to select DX11 in the game’s launcher. That should solve the issue.

elseb
    Participant

That did it, thank you Ralf!

Mazzle
    Participant

To avoid polluting the main thread, let me add my question to this one since I’m also failing to launch.

When I have vorpx enabled, Bg3 is crashing pretty early in the load process. I don’t even get to the point where it says anything about hooking. It just dies with no error message and no windows. If I tell vorpx to stop watching, it loads fine.

It’s definitely set up to use dx11. (I put the setting in Steam’s launch setting and enabled it in the BG3ModManager, which is how I usually launch Bg3.)

I did notice one weird thing. On one of my attempts to get it to work, I stopped vorpx from watching, launched the game, waited until the point when it would crash if I had vorpx enabled, and then told vorpx to start watching again. I did see a window pop up that said it was attempting to hook to bg3_dx11.exe, but it didn’t seem to succeed.

I do use a good number of mods. I tried disabling all of my native mods (wasd, native camera tweaks, and game speed) and ScriptExtender, but that didn’t seem to help.

It’s been a while since I’ve used vorpx. It did update and download a new profile library when I first started trying today. Any ideas what else I could try?

Mazzle
    Participant

If anyone else has a similar problem, I was able to get it to work by switching to the beta version of Vorpx.

fyi, it works fine with native mods and script extender.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!