Bankruptcy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Davros
    Participant

VorpX reminds me of another company IZ3D both produce third party drivers for somebody else’s hardware and both sets of drivers have to connect to the company server to authorise when you install them.
    Now IZ3D started to get into financial difficulties this was no secret its not like the staff turned up to work on day and the office was shut. So no doubt they had a meeting and one of the questions asked would have been “if the company goes under how will our cherished customers install their drivers”, and they thought about it and came up with an answer that answer was lets do nothing, nada, bugger all, not a sausage” we will be out of a job so who cares right…
    So that begs the question what have VorpX done so that in the case of bankruptcy customers will still be able to install their drivers?

Demosthenes
    Participant

Subject title makes you sound like you are trolling.

Vorpx is one developer. Not a company with 200 employees.

If Ralf went personally bankrupt I assume he would have bigger worries than your entertainment, ones that were real not virtual.

What if Steam goes bankrupt? Or Epic? Or any company you ‘rely’ on for entertainment?

iZ3D were a hardware company first and foremost, and they folded because they did not sell enough of the hardware. Vorpx sells no hardware, and you do not need it for any hardware to function.

I remember someone else on this forum asking a similar ‘doomsday’ question about end-of-life for Vorpx.

I recommend you play your Vorpx games while you are young enough and mentally competent enough to enjoy them. Seriously, life is short. You paid $40, and it’s later than you think.

Demosthenes
    Participant

By the way, backup your installation.
    If the worst comes, it should work for as long as you have your current PC main hardware.
    Future VR headset drivers, game updates, obviously would not be covered.

Davros
    Participant

I’m not trolling I was one of the people who got caught out by IZ3D I have the software but I cant install it all because some company didnt care enough or hated the thought that if they release a final driver that didnt have to authorise someone may install it who didnt pay (the now non existent company)
    It’s not just bankruptcy if in future companies build vorpx functionality into their software for their next generation of vr devices or someone releases a freeware or opensource program with the same functionality, vorpx’s income will go to zero. Will the server still be funded.

If the worst comes, it should work for as long as you have your current PC main hardware.

And if have to reinstall windows for some reason or get a new pc?
    ps: I take it from your answer vorpx will do exactly the same as IZ3D

luka2099
    Participant

have already asked this question. Ralf said in that case, he certainly won’t leave us without vorpx.

Davros
    Participant

have already asked this question. Ralf said in that case, he certainly won’t leave us without vorpx.

That is fantastic, thats all I wanted to know thank you very much Ralph
    ps: It was TriDef i meant to compare to VorpX not IZ3D

Demosthenes
    Participant

I may have been a bit harsh to say trolling.

I suspect I was in a bad mood, since I had been struggling with making working Meta account for my Quest. I remember when almost everyone’s Rift including mine was useless because Facebook had forgotten to update a windows certificate. It’s not so much the money, as the feeling that you don’t own what you have bought.

I actually bought the subscription version of TriDefVR. This was after TriDef3d had gone I think. I used it to play stuff that Vorpx didn’t cover. Then it tanked too. There are always alternatives, HelixVision, SuperDepth3d, but Vorpx is the most advanced.

I have invested in a lot of stuff that has since faded. I still have a leapmotion. I think that’s now in the processor that drives the Quest 2 hand tracker.

I hope if Vorpx does disappear it will be because Ralph is bought out rather than in financial difficulties…

reter
    Participant

what’s the meaning of this? vr is getting more popular every year, i should expect ralph being rich rather than going bankrupt if he keeps updating the software

there’s no reason to worry, and if happens that vorpx “dies”, i’m sure someone else would do something similar very soon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!