Battlefield 4 – vorpX 0.9.0 – Flickering Screen

Homepage Forums Technical Support Battlefield 4 – vorpX 0.9.0 – Flickering Screen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ZombieSNIPER666
    Participant

Ralf thank you for all your hard work! It’s great to see developers having such real time part in helping their customers.

On to my issue!
    re: Battlefield 4: Campaign
    I am able to launch the game & get it to hook to the Oculus pretty consistently. However, after the game starts I get a black flickering screen. The audio is there & the game appears to have loaded the level. Although the screen is black I can tell I’m able to walk around, jump, fire my weapon. The map shows up in the bottom left & doesnt flicker as much. If i switch the Virtual Cinema the virtual screen is still black & flickering but the Virtual Cinema is ambience is fine. Again, getting the game to hook to the Oculus is not a problem. It seems to be a graphics problem causing a black flickering game screen.

Oculus DK2(firmware 2.12)
    vorpX .9.0
    Oculus Runtime .8
    Radeon Fury X
    Catalyst 5.1 Beta
    Windows 10(up to date)
    Intel 2600k

things I’ve tried:
    -AMD Raptr off
    -all graphics settings ‘default’
    -all graphics settings ‘off’ or ‘Use application settings’
    -Battlefield 32 bit & 64 bit
    -Origin ‘offline mode’
    -Origin ‘in game overlays’ off
    -vorpX ‘Game Setting Optimizer’ applied
    -run ‘vorpX Control’ as administrator
    -disable windows Aero, through vorpX Genral Settings

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure what to recommend here unfortunately. You could try to switch between 32bit and 64bit, but that’s just guesswork. Maybe one works better than the other.

ZombieSNIPER666
    Participant

Hi Ralf
    I tried 32 & 64 bit. It seems like a syncing issue. I turned vertical sync on & off in the game setting & catalyst driver settings. I also tried turning on & off any sync settings in vorpX.

miamirice999
    Participant

I had a similar issue with the 0.8 oculus drivers with a couple of games and switched back to 0.7, this solved the issue.

Worked for me so might be worth giving it a go.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure whether the issue described here is the one I’m thinking about, but just in case: an overloaded GPU sometimes can cause black flicker. Due to the async direct mode rendering GPU requirements are higher than before with vorpX 0.9.

If you experience odd black flicker, in general the first thing to try is lowering your game’s graphics settings to the lowest possible settings. Restarting the game may be needed afterwards to get reid of the flicker.

ZombieSNIPER666
    Participant

Miamirice thank you for the input. I’m gonna try switching back to oculus runtime .7. I will let you know the outcome. Ralf thank you for your continued input! I turned in game graphic settings to the lowest they will go. Turned on in game vsync. No change. I still get a constant black screen with an occasional flickering to corrupted graphics. The minmap in the bottom left is fairly normal & stays rendered more or less properly. I can tell the map has loaded & I am in the game & can walk, run & jump around with no graphics.

-Are there known issues with Radeon R9 FuryX?
    -Are there preferred AMD Catalyst Settings?

ZombieSNIPER666
    Participant

Ok so I removed oculus runtime .8 & reinstalled .7 & still had the same graphics issues. I tried 32 & 64 bit

gagagu
    Participant

Hi,
    i have the same issue with my System (Win 10, runtime 0.8, gtx 980 ti, nvidia 358.78).
    I will check it out with 0.7 but i guess i will get the same issue again.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

Miamirice thank you for the input. I’m gonna try switching back to oculus runtime .7. I will let you know the outcome. Ralf thank you for your continued input! I turned in game graphic settings to the lowest they will go. Turned on in game vsync. No change. I still get a constant black screen with an occasional flickering to corrupted graphics. The minmap in the bottom left is fairly normal & stays rendered more or less properly. I can tell the map has loaded & I am in the game & can walk, run & jump around with no graphics.

-Are there known issues with Radeon R9 FuryX?
    -Are there preferred AMD Catalyst Settings?

I dont think its AMD/radeon related, because i have the same issue and use a gtx 970

Ralf
    Keymaster

Issue confirmed. Probably happens with most Frostbite engine games after BF3 on Windows 8 or above.

Definitely something completely else than I assumed above. There were a few last minute changes to the async rendering after the testing phase when the Oculus runtime 0.8 was released two days before the planned vorpX release. These may be the cause for this issue.

No solution yet, but this will be looked into with high priority. If all goes well, expect a hotfix before Battlefront is released.

Out of experience: please mind the “if all goes well” before “expect” in the above sentence.

Muffex
    Participant

Hey,

I’m experiencing the same problems. Is there any way to install a former version of vorpx?

greez

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!