Best settings for a HP Reverb 2 to use for OpenXR via Steam?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Best settings for a HP Reverb 2 to use for OpenXR via Steam?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey everyone,

My game of elden ring crashes when I try to link it to my Reverb through vorpx. Steam, it works fine… but has incredible judder.

Are there recommended settings for judder stopping using a WMR headset through steam?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Use WMR’s native OpenXR and set vorpX to OpenXR mode.

SteamVR is never necessary for vorpX with a WMR headset. It shouldn’t run at all actually. WMR’s native OpenXR implementation is always the best option for WMR headsets.

TheBalt
    Participant

Use WMR’s native OpenXR and set vorpX to OpenXR mode.

SteamVR is never necessary for vorpX with a WMR headset. It shouldn’t run at all actually. WMR’s native OpenXR implementation is always the best option for WMR headsets.

Unfortunately, I think its due to mods I have now, thats stopping the game with OpenXR… but I switched to Steam and set some settings down and it works fine, so, not sure why the .dlls are upsetting Vorpx on OpenXR but not on SteamVR for Elden Ring modded, but, it does. I cant explain why, no clue.

But, thats a solution I found for this particular situation, probably not applicable for most people, but it seems like SteamVR overlooks the dinput8.dll and dxgi.dll from my mods. So… Im cool with that as a solution.

Thanks for your time and continuing work on vorpx. Its been an awesome like decade now of playing so many games like this, I appreciate it

sylvan
    Participant

thank you ralph, by reading this conversation by chance, I just understood that we are not obliged to use steamvr!!! and so arkham knight which no longer worked, now works when I no longer use steamvr. LOL

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ thebalt

Thanks!

Using a mod with a dxgi.dll is asking for trouble, almost certainly hooks into some functions that vorpX also hooks into. May work, but may also cause all sorts of problems. Hence the according warning that vorpX displays when such a potential conflict is detected.

If you encounter strange issues, that’s one of the first things you should check.

@ sylvan:

Awesome! Avoid SteamVR with a WMR headset whenever you can. Not just for vorpX, but in general. SteamVR acts just as a translation layer to native WMR with WMR headsets. Better to use WMR’s native OpenXR directly whenever possible instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!