BF4 not hooking with VorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support BF4 not hooking with VorpX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nxtboyIII
    Participant

Hi,
    When I launch BF4, Vorpx doesn’t seem to be hooking with it. I am on windows 8 and have an R9 290x graphics card. Moving my head makes the mouse move, but the game is only showing up as 1 screen instead of the 2 rounded ones, so when I close one eye, I see one side of the screen, vice versa. Also there is no VorpX menu when the game launches and when I press the DEL key nothing happens.

Please help me!

Thanks,
    Lucas

nxtboyIII
    Participant

Also I have read the forums about other people having issues with BF4 and they aren’t working

Ralf
    Keymaster

Battlefield 4 can be a bit finnicky, you might have to try a few times. Please also try the things below:

1. Disable the in-game overlay in Origin.
    2. Switch from the 64bit to the 32bit version of BF4 or vice versa. Maybe one works better for you.
    3. Go to offline mode in Origin. This circumvents Battlelog and might help with vorpX. However, you will loose online gaming, so do this as a last resort only.

nxtboyIII
    Participant

Battlefield 4 can be a bit finnicky, you might have to try a few times. Please also try the things below:

1. Disable the in-game overlay in Origin.
    2. Switch from the 64bit to the 32bit version of BF4 or vice versa. Maybe one works better for you.
    3. Go to offline mode in Origin. This circumvents Battlelog and might help with vorpX. However, you will loose online gaming, so do this as a last resort only.

I have done all 3 of those things and it still doesn’t work. :(

nxtboyIII
    Participant

Can somebody please help me, I haven’t gotten any game to completely work with VorpX and I am really disappointed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have similar hooking issues with multiple games, there is a high probability that something on your PC interferes with vorpX. This might be a virus scanner, anything that can show content over games (for example chat programs like Skype, Mumble, X-Fire, Evolve etc.), or display driver add-on like Optimus, GeForce Experience, MSI Afterburner etc. Please disable/uninstall all such programs temporarily.

The trouble shooting guide in the help has a more detailed list of what you should look into in this regard.

Unfortunately not all cases are obvious. There are many programs that also hook into other processes, which always may be the cause of a conflict.

nxtboyIII
    Participant

I have no anti virus software, and I closed out of Skype, yet the problem persists. Also Portal 2 crashes upon launching.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you thoroughly checked ALL things from the trouble shooting guide in the help, please send a mail with your system specs (plus ideally a dxdiag.txt, which can be created with the Microsoft dxdiag tool), and most importantly a screenshot of your task manager showing all running processes to support |at| vorpx com. Maybe we can spot something potentially interfering that you overlooked.

First and foremost please check for special graphics driver addons. Many graphics cards vendors have such tools.

nxtboyIII
    Participant

Ok, I sent the email. Thanks!

Divenity
    Participant

Try making a vorpx game shortcut for BF4, run it prior to joining a server… Whenever mine does what you describe, running that shortcut before joining a game fixed it.

Mechcondrid
    Participant

hey if your still having this problem, i had same issue at first
    what i did was i had to run bf4 without vorpx first with oculus connected and set it to the second display on the oculus (without vorpx running on bf4) then save settings and then quit to desktop, then run bf4 with vorpx it should then grab it (at least it did with me) if not you may want to check if your runing vorpx as an admin that can also cause issues (especially considering windows 8’s retarded notion that even if you are an admin user programs that you start don’t always have admin rights, also make sure that if any kind of UAC is on, turn it off)

Kimi
    Participant

Hi, i have a problem too … The Game start, loads and im in … but im just looking to the floor and cant move the mouse. Somehow im not able to look anywhere.. just to the floor? Any solution for that? :D Im gonna check the Settings especially mouse movings now and tell ya.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Switching raw mouse input on/off may be worth a try if that is possible in BF4. IIRC this can be done in the game options.

Kimi
    Participant

Danke … werd gleich mal schauen

mata
    Participant

I had the same problem and fixed it by running everything (the game and vorpx) in windows 7 compatibility mode and running as administrator. Right Click on the shortcut / properties.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!