Binding VR keys

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Binding VR keys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tonka
    Participant

Hi Ralf, the VR keys are a great idea but can you tell me exactly how to bind them in the Vorpx menu. I can’t see how to give a description and specify the key.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There currently is a bug that makes mapping the keys impossible. Appears they get mapped but reset to the old value immediately after that… The same bug applies to the gamepad mapping.

This will get fixed in the next update.

tonka
    Participant

Ok Ralf but I can’t find how to input the mapping in the first place, how is it supposed to work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally you should be able to do this directly in the in-game menu (VR-Keys Page) by clicking on some buttons and then pressing a key. For some reason this doesn’t work in the current build though…

Last minute bug. It worked fine for months, will be fixed soon.

tonka
    Participant

Ok thanks, will input of a description for that key be possible (I wonder how that will work). I am using a Razer Hydra and I think this is a very important feature of VorpX which the other drivers don’t have and is ideal for games like Deus Ex Human Revolution which uses a lot more keys than I can program on the Hydra – hope that the functionality will be working soon.

Ralf
    Keymaster

>> which the other drivers don’t have and is ideal for games like Deus Ex
    >> Human Revolution which uses a lot more keys

That’s exactly what it is meant for :)

You can enter your own descriptions, of course. Don’t know what the bug is yet, but most likely it’s something incredibly stupid. Happens sometimes…

tonka
    Participant

Ralf, I would really like to use the VR keys so do you have any idea when an update to fix it will be coming?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!