Black Mesa – Can’t set res to 1440p or higher

Homepage Forums Technical Support Black Mesa – Can’t set res to 1440p or higher

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deceptive Pastry
    Participant

Have been having a hell of a time getting this to run at 1920×1440 or higher.

– If I allow Vorpx to change game settings (default), it runs at 1600×1200 no matter what and changing the resolution in the Vorpx menu (1440p, 1680p) doesn’t seem to make a difference.

– If I disallow Vorpx to change game settings and set the resolution through Black Mesa, I can get it to run in any res up to 1856×1392, but any res 1920×1440 or higher causes BM to revert to 16:9 1920×1080 (native). I have even tried forcing res in launch options which again works for anything under 1440.

– Changing resolution in-game causes a crash every time, so res has to be set before launching the game.

– All resolutions are defined as custom resolutions in the Nvidia control panel and work in other games.

Ovo
    Participant

You have to set your desired resolution as your actual desktop res in the Windows display settings. And revert when you’re done playing.
    It’s the only way I’ve found.

Deceptive Pastry
    Participant

Yea, I figured this out the other night but couldn’t get into my vorpx account to post about it lol.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Some games have the unfortunate habit of checking the desktop res and using that as maximum allowed res instead of evaluating the actually available resolutions. I thought about overriding this a few times already, but such overrides are always a bit dangerous.

Running games windowed if the issue occurs fullscreen (or fullscreen if the issue occurs windowed) *might* also help in such cases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!