Black Mesa doesn't work

Homepage Forums Technical Support Black Mesa doesn't work

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    digitalid
    Participant

I’m using an HTC Vive and I was able to get Fallout 4 to run and tried the original Doom game, which isn’t listed as a supported game but still worked. But I cannot get Black Mesa to work. I tried to search the web and these forums but couldn’t get any information. The game runs normally when I launch it so I assume that vorpX isn’t injecting any files in the game. Does it simply not work at all and I should stop wasting my time trying, or is there a solution? Any help is greatly appreciated!

digitalid
    Participant

Basically, if no one can claim that they got Black Mesa to work on HTC Vive, then I can assume that it’s not an error on my end. Otherwise, I will keep looking. Also, Half-Life 2 works so I’m really puzzled.
    Thanks in advance.

ld57
    Participant

Hi,

I created a profile in the cloud for black Mesa and it works on my side.

it is a draft, then you will need to customize.

ldwar57

digitalid
    Participant

Thank you for creating the profile. Unfortunately, it still didn’t work for me. The game launched as though vorpX wasn’t even running. It’s just not recognizing the game for me. I even reinstalled everything but got the same results.

ld57
    Participant

Hi,

did you import my profile into your local profil repository ?

and so :

could you check if you have in task manager vorpcontrol.exe and vorpcontrol64.dat processes running ?

and last but not least : in orginal profile (Vorpx one) it tries to detect hl2.exe . but in fact black mesa is using another exe on my side BMsomething.exe that s yhy I created to profile.

on my side, I first started the game normally (without vorpx), then set graphics option in 800×600 in windows mode 4:3 . then I closed the game and loaded oculus , then vorpx, then Black mesa (through steam)

it is the way I followed to run it in my rift

digitalid
    Participant

I imported your profile to vropX’s “Local Profiles”, it showed up as Black Mesa with bms.exe as the executable program.

Both VorpControl.exe and VorpControl64.dat processes were running.

I tried different resolutions including 800×600 and even tried different directX versions by running the game with the command “-dxlevel XX” (can be used with version 80, 81, 90, 95 or 98).

You have an Oculus and I’m using a Vive. Looks like it just doesn’t work with the Vive.

Thank you for taking your time to try to help! I guess for now the game is just not compatible with the Vive, despite being listed as compatible.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Im not having any luck starting Black Mesa on vive either. I just picked it up on the steam sale, not to be confused with the Black Mesa mod for HL2.

When I add a bms.exe profile to vorpx, the game crashes immediately on launch.

Is the Black Mesa retail version supported by VorpX?

ld57
    Participant

It works on my side, but I own a rift, not a vive.

matteo39
    Participant

black mesa still crashes

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to use the Black Mesa that can be purchased on Steam, not the older mod version. The issue that caused a crash with Vive has been resolved two or three vorpX versions ago.

BTW: No double (or triple in this case) posts regarding the same issue, one is enough. I have deleted the other ones.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Please make sure to use the Black Mesa that can be purchased on Steam, not the older mod version. The issue that caused a crash with Vive has been resolved two or three vorpX versions ago.

BTW: No double (or triple in this case) posts regarding the same issue, one is enough. I have deleted the other ones.

Hi Ralph I was just trying to play the Black Mesa from Steam as you mentioned and VorpX just stays at “attaching to bms.exe”.
    Of course I removed the d3d9.dll from there. The game works correctly, I will keep testing to see if there is a way to use it correctly but so far VorpX never attaches correctly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is new a alternative hooking method that you can enable in the config app in case of hooking issues.

Caveat: this method is not meant for general use. It’s not per se better than normal hooking. Only try it in case of issues and always try both methods.

If that does not help, check for the usual hooking issue suspects. Almost all hooking problems are related to interfering background programs: virus scanners, GPU/CPU utilities, game recording/streaming software, messengers, generally everything that can create an overlay over games.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!