Black Mesa (Half-Life) – shadow issue

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Black Mesa (Half-Life) – shadow issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ravenua1
    Participant

Hi all.

Trying to use VORPX in HL:BM (which supposedly should run great in d3d), but I have a shadow/lighting issue on Rift S.

For instance, it could be seen on the first monorail ride – sometimes the shadows exist in one eye and not the other. Same goes with monorail headlights – in one eye they are beaming and in the other eye – ditto.

VorpX is in D3D mode. Haven’t done a thing to it. Factory reset vorpx settings – done.

Have no clue what to do as I’m yet to find a game where I can actually play immediately :(

Using i5 (8th gen) and gtx 1080.

Appreciate the advises.

moarveer
    Participant

This happened to me too, really sad since I wanted to play this game in vr, I hope someone has a solution for this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to reset the profile to default in the vorpX config app.

In earlier vorpX versions the ‘Internal Resolution Upscale’ option was unlocked for this game in the vorpX menu, which could produce issues and thus isn’t available anymore in Source engine games. Might still be set in your profile from before. Resetting the profile should revert the setting to default.

Not guaranteed, but also not unlikely that your issue is related to this.

ravenua1
    Participant

Unfortunately, it did not work :(

ravenua1
    Participant

I’ve tried changing all in-game setting from Low to Ultra and disabling VORPX’s override with resolution and in-game graphics settings. To no avail, unfortunately.

Also, when I switch to Z3D I have to 3D reconstruction whatsoever and changing the 3D intensity doesn’t do anything :/

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a savegame to support |at| vorpx com that I can check. I played the game for quite some time myself a while ago without encountering any such issue, but who knows, maybe it occurs later.

Before you do that, as always: if you tweaked any vorpX settings, please first try to reset the profile to default in the config app. No vorpX settings tweaking whatsoever should be required for this game.

Ovo
    Participant

Same here, I played for half a life an hour, lots of lights have stereo issues, about everywhere.

I played the game for quite some time myself a while ago without encountering any such issue, but who knows, maybe it occurs later.

What version of the game was it? Can you try the current version on Steam?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I would gladly take a look at the issue if someone could provide a savegame from a location where the issue occurs, unfortunately noone did so far. Please send it to support |at| vorpx com.

Before you do that try to reset the profile to default and check whether the issue still occurs with default vorpX settings.

Ovo
    Participant

Ok, here is a save (can’t send e-mails from this pc), it’s just 1 minute in, the issue is with the tram’s headlights: https://framadrop.org/r/Wn5hb4BU1J#G4dMHK/rParpfOFIHw9yO08IUY9Cy/hj6u1RFnJ4uCA=

I did reset the profile.
    But I also played more and actually most problematic lights are at the beginning, the tram headlights being the worse. The rest of the game is mostly fine. (Up to chapter 6)

Ovo
    Participant

So, I tried the game’s public beta and the offending lights were disabled. I suppose the profile was made with the beta version then. Though on the beta, I have to rescan for DirectVR every time, while on the stable version DirectVR stays cached.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The profile was made years ago with the (back then) regular version. Never tried the train ride since then though, so this issue must have been introduced in the meantime. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the time to the pre-internet era, when games didn’t get dozens of updates stretched over 10 years…

Anyways, fixed it today. The updated profile will be included in the next vorpX. Hope you can wait a little longer. I could backport the profile to the current release and upload it to the cloud, but the next vorpX will be out in a few days anyway.

Ovo
    Participant

Anyways, fixed it today. The updated profile will be included in the next vorpX. Hope you can wait a little longer.

Sure, thanks!

moarveer
    Participant

Fantastic news, can’t wait!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!