Black Mesa keeps crashing on load up

Homepage Forums Technical Support Black Mesa keeps crashing on load up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    batmanhill6157
    Participant

I was able to get this working very well for a long time about half a year ago. Been waiting for the Xen release before trying to play the entire game in VR but now the game crashes/shuts off before I get on the title screen. I tried different cloud profiles and still no luck. Is anyone else able to get this working very well? Or is this something on my end that I am either messing up or need to change? Any advice would be amazing

I’m using an Occulus Rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Has to be something on your end, I’m afraid. I checked the game literally minutes before the last vorpX update was released with the Black Mesa version that was released on Christmas Eve. It was also reported working well by another user in the 20.1.0 release thread.

Please reset the profile to default or try a full factory reset (config app/trouble shooting). You don’t need any cloud profile, the default profile works out of the box.

batmanhill6157
    Participant

Thank you! I did the factory reset and that got it running again. Very awesome thanks for the help

blackm0ore
    Participant

I have the same issue, but unfortunately the factory reset doesn’t seem to work.
    When I pause the watcher and run the game, it runs normally, but when I resume watcher, the game freezes at logo/loading screen, just as soon as I see the direct3d and hints messages. I can hear audio.

Weird thing is that before the recent update, the game worked fine.
    I tried running the game today. It redownloaded some files from steam, started and then froze.

blackm0ore
    Participant

Does anyone else have this issue?
    The game just freezes at the first screen. I have tried reinstalling the game and resetting vorpx to factory settings.
    I’m using a HTC Vive
    Other games work fine with VorpX.

View post on imgur.com

Ralf
    Keymaster

Two things you could try are running the game windowed (if it has such an option, can’t remember currently) and trying the alternative hooking method in the vorpX config app. Both can sometimes help with startup issues.

Caveat: Alternative hooking is not better than default hooking, just different. Even if it solves an issue with one particular game for you, always remember to switch back to default hooking. You will encounter issues with games that need the default method otherwise.

Apart from that please check your PC for potential hooking conflicts. These are not always obvious, e.g. some chat programs may hook into games and cause a problem. More detailed info about this can be found in the trouble shooting guide in the help (also stickied on top of this forum for convenience).

blackm0ore
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. It feels like I had tried out everything from the troubleshooting post, but starting the program using the exe from installation folder fixed it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!