black mesa problem quest2

Homepage Forums Technical Support black mesa problem quest2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    riccardo8989
    Participant

using vorpx on quest2 when I start the game in the viewer I see a window with inside the game and it is not a real experience in vr, of course I set in the vorpx full vr menu, if I zoom in on the textures, what can I do to solve the problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I‘m not really sure whether I understand the issue correctly, but Black Mesa should work just fine in FullVR mode.

General Oculus Link setup:

1. Connect your Quest with an USB cable to your PC.
    2. Select Oculus as the headset type in the vorpX config app.
    3. Enable Oculus Link in your Quest headset.

Running the game:

1. Reset the profile to default in the config app (local profile or trouble shooting page) to make sure everything is dialed in as it is supposed to.
    2. Check the hint shown in the top left corner of the game window: all you have to do is setting a 4:3 resolution (e.g. 1600×1200 or 1920×1440) and run the DirectVR scanner after entering a game level.

BTW: If you don‘t have these resolutions on your PC, check the custom resolutions section in the vorpX help. It has a step-by-step guide that explains how to add resolutions that your monitor cannot display normally.

riccardo8989
    Participant

I keep seeing in the viewer in the wrong resolution, I see the whole game in a square surrounded by gray in full vr mode

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow each step exactly as listed in my reply above. That will solve your problem. Don‘t forget to reset the profile to its default values.

Alternatively do a full factory reset in the vorpX config app on the trouble shooting page.

riccardo8989
    Participant

i followed the procedure, i tried to reset vorpx but nothing i keep seeing in full vr mode the scene in a square

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you using Virtual Dektop by any chance to stream the image to the headset? if so, please use Oculus Link instead like suggested above.

With everything working correctly (which it does at default settings) the image fills the entire view.

Also just in case: vorpX does not work with the (years old) mod version of Black Mesa, only the the version that you can buy on Steam is supported.

riccardo8989
    Participant

hello, I am using black mesa from steam and I use this link for the viewer, I do not use virtual dekstop, as mentioned I tried with all the vorpx settings but nothing to do, I continue to see the scene in a low resolution, the scene I see it in a square and not in full screen, the only way is to zoom in but obviously it blur everything

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please DO NOT change any settings in the vorpX menu, you probably messed up the settings. The profile is set up for correct FullVR playing out of the box. Reset the profile to default in the vorpX config and then just follow the instructions shown in the top left corner of the game window. Don’t change anything else.

There isan’t really anything else I can suggest, sorry. With default settings the game works perfectly fine. All you have to do is setting a 4:3 resolution and running the DirectVR scanner.

riccardo8989
    Participant

I tried everything but nothing, the fact that I’m playing from a laptop could be a problem?

moarveer
    Participant

I tried the game today and the game looks fantastic in VR, managed to get it quite playable at 3200×2400 and FSR at full, it really looks great. The game has a big issue though, since the game menus are only rendered in one eye. I could only tweak the options inside VR using desktop mode in Virtual Desktop, and then going back to VR, so doable but really annoying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!