black mesa public beta ui is black window

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings black mesa public beta ui is black window

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

I can play black mesa fine with VorpX, but when I try the Public beta the UI window is Black. I can here the mouse highlighting items, but can’t see them. (I’m also using Virtual Desktop). I know there is a startup parameter -usenewui or something like that, but I want to use the opposite. Has anyone run Blackk Mesa with the latest public beta successfully with VorpX?

Can’t believe how awesome HL1, HL2, EP1, EP2, Etc were with VorpX, Thanks Ralf.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take a look at it shortly. Please stick to the officially released version for now.

I expect the profile to require at least a major update, but I usually don’t check beta versions since that always bears the risk of having to do everything once again when the final version is out.

General rule of thumb: best to stay away from beta game branches as far as vorpX is concerned.

slydog43
    Participant

ok, thanks for the quick reply. I also had to do some key rebinding for the profile for crouch & use. Was very easy, great stuff.

slydog43
    Participant

I got the public beta working by adding “-oldgameui” to the launch parameters (without the dbl quotes of course).

skainet
    Participant

Thanks for the topic.I could solve the problem of the black screen in menu.

But now i find the resolution is low (letters very very hard to read) no matter what resolution i set on Steam VR.And if i try to change resolution in game menu, the game crashes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Resolution: That’s easy to address: change the resolution without vorpX.
    Menu: Switching to EdgePeek (mousewheel click) helps, the menu gets scaled to full size in EdgePeek mode.

I removed your other thread since the question was more or less a duplicate of your post above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!