Black Mesa – Zoomed In/Giant Hands

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Black Mesa – Zoomed In/Giant Hands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HelloJoe
    Participant

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is supposed to be? Basically, in Black Mesa the background is ok but the foreground is covered by the character’s large hands and gun. As if it is zoomed in. In Half-life 2 this is fine because they seem to extend the arm distance out further. Is there a fix to this? Is there a thorough setup guide somewhere to Black mesa?

Thank you,

steph12
    Participant

you use directVR ?

HelloJoe
    Participant

Yep. Basically DirectVR is already cache. I re-ran it just to be sure and it gives the same result. Note, everything else works fine just the hands give the impression that everything is zoomed in… When looking at someone play Half-Life 2 using Vorpx you can see the hands in HL2 are extended to be much longer so the gun isnt in your face. I just want to know if this is just something you have to put up with or is there a fix.

steph12
    Participant

try to create a custom.cfg file in \half-life 2\hl2\cfg\ i dont remember the exact location.

look here for tweaks http://fr33man.altervista.org/HL2guida/HL2_7.htm

you can try to tweak fov_viewmodel if for some reason directVR dont fully work for you, when i played black mesa months ago, except for flickering weapons, i didnt have giants hands/weapons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!