Blackwake (pirate naval FPS)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Blackwake (pirate naval FPS)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

There’s a couple profiles for this game on the cloud now, but no mention of it anywhere on the forum. Another neat online vorpX experience for less than $7 during the summer sale.

Blackwake (G3D)

This Unity engine Pirate game is easy to get working in G3D, and is one of the prettier looking I’ve seen on the engine. The moonlit rainstorms add nice atmosphere – making all weapons and surfaces wet and reflective. Also, the models and animations are well done, which really enhances the 3D effect.

All that really needs to be done is lower the shadows to LOW, and all other lighting effects should look great. I only wish the water could be more 3D. I’ve added another profile to the cloud, best for Pimax8k.

– use a 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    – set FOV to 88 in game
    – set shadows to LOW
    – set motion blur to OFF

*The first launch Tutorial can’t hook for some reason, so do that on the monitor first, then launch Blackwake with vorpX the second time through.
    *cinema fullscreen works best for Pimax8k, but Rift may prefer fullVR mode.

It’s pretty fun running a cannon crew, and the ship boarding combat can be pretty hilarious. A quick look at the gameplay trailer in case you missed it:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!