Blocked from RJK's game engine checker?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Blocked from RJK's game engine checker?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jordan117
    Participant

I recently bought VorpX and have been experimenting with older, unsupported games, which requires looking into what engine they share with working titles. Unfortunately I’ve lately had trouble accessing RJK’s super-useful index of game engines — trying to load it or any other page on his site (like the VorpX wiki or even the homepage) generates a “403 Forbidden” error.

I thought the site was just down, but then noticed today that it was loading fine on my cellphone. Switch to my home WiFi, though, and it stops loading again.

Have I been IP blocked somehow from viewing the site? I have no idea why that would be. I’ve used it fairly frequently the last week or so but haven’t been scraping it or anything weird like that.

RJK_
    Participant

Hello Jordan 117,

Thanks for reporting your error this way. Your ip adress probably mistakely underwent a filerting process. Please submit any ip adress that you can NOT use to enter the site to this email adress : . Ill unblock it soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In future the site will tell how to proceed in such cases.

Jordan117
    Participant

Ironically, I couldn’t see your email at first because the image is hosted on your site! But I’ll load it on my phone and send the info to you. Thanks!

RJK_
    Participant

Haha thats good.I am working on a solution. Lateron today the site will handle errors properly. Your ip should work now. Please dont hesitate to report back if not. Thanks again.

Jordan117
    Participant

Nice job — you rock! Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!