BSOD Issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support BSOD Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DjacK
    Participant

Hey all,

I have looked for a topic on this but to no avail. I have these drivers working perfectly in Skyrim and Outlast. It looks great for a retro fit, I have no issues there. But I have had 3 BSOD’s now. 1 in Skyrim and 2 on Outlast. I have barely played these games for any amount of time, I only got the drivers last night and tested a little today. My system is fully stable and does not BSOD on any other games or programs, this has only started to happen with these drivers.

My question is, is there a known issue that can cause these, and how can it be fixed? And, If and when it happens again, what would you need me to collect in terms of data to help resolve this issue?

Im running a i5 4670K @ 4.4Ghz, RoG Maximus Ranger Vii, Avexir 2133C9 8GB RAM, MSI 780ti GPU 2x HyperX SSD’s on Windows 7 64.

Many thanks

DjacK
    Participant

I should add im using a DK2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No reports at all in this regard until now. Maybe a very odd conflict with something else you may have installed.

The documentation has a few general hints in the trouble shooting guide what sort of programs can cause conflicts with vorpX, but such conflicts do not create BSODs normally.

DjacK
    Participant

I will play these games more tomorrow, not had chance to test for more than 20/30 minutes today. Its strange that its happend 3 times in such a short time. I will collect my windows events, logs and crash reports if it happens again, and take a picture of the BSOD screen. It could be my overclock, only thing I can think of, but like I say its been heavily tested with Prime and runs fine. I do have a low Voltage set for my CPU compared to alot of other Haswell OC’s at 4.4Ghz, but I think I have a “good” CPU.

Anyway, I will report back. FIrst impressions of the drivers in the Rift are very good apart from this issue!

Ralf
    Keymaster

In modern Windows OSes only drivers can cause BSODs. vorpX itself is technically incapable of doing so. It might however create a condition where a driver causes a BSOD.

Please try first without overclocking and voltage manipulation of both your CPU and GPU. Using vorpX is more taxing for both your CPU and GPU than running a game normally, so it may be the case that this is just too much for your overclocking settings.

Since there have been no other reports of something like that so far, I would say that’s not unlikely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!