Bug? Assassins creed unity – No 3D

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Bug? Assassins creed unity – No 3D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

The vorpx menu says znormal or zadaptive, but it definitely is not showing in 3D. Even AC2 didnt show anything. Am I missing something? I grabbed the cloud version just to be safe.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The profile for AC:Unity does not work, is’s a leftover from trying to make the game work that wasn’t removed from the profile database afterwards, thanks for the heads up. AC2 is switchable between DX9/DX10 IIRC. Only DX9 is supposed to have 3D.

In cases like AC:Unity (and also all games that don’t have a profile at all) vorpX tries to find a depth buffer on its own without one being defined in a profile, but that may or may not work. More often than not this auto search will probably fail.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update: toyed around with AC: Unity a bit today since I couldn’t really remember anymore why it wasn’t working and that sounded like exactly the right thing for a semi-lazy Sunday. Long story short: not something that can be done with a profile update since some code changes were necessary, but the next vorpX version will have well working Z3D for AC: Unity. Didn’t look into G3D yet.

dborosev
    Participant

Nice!

dborosev
    Participant

Hey… does that mean it would also work with Assassins creed 4 – black flag? That would be sweet! Or even AC Syndicate.

Ralf
    Keymaster

AC Syndicate will likely be very similar to Unity, so there’s a good chance that it will also work. I don’t have it installed currently, but it’s sitting in my Uplay library. As always no promises, but I’ll take a look.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I have the originals Assasins Creed and Assasins Creed 2, they appear as listed in the supported games list, but they look very flat indeed….I´m missing something? is this the same case of profile leftover?

thanks

dborosev
    Participant

Hopefully its a case of all of them being on the same engine. If Black Flag and Unity both work, that would be cool. Not sure about the older ones.

maros bruno
    Participant

HI there. Any news? AC Unity of AC Black Flag Z3D still doesnt show any 3D effect. G3D is working with those games but its unplayable due to low fps on my rtx 2080ti.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This thread is more than two years old. Z3D should be working in both games for a very long time. If it doesn’t for you, please restart the game after switching the 3D mode and try with/without antialiasing. In addition to that please make sure that no antialiasing is forced in your graphics driver control panel. Also keep in mind that the 3D effect is usually less pronunced with Z3D than it is with G3D.

maros bruno
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. I tried everythig you suggested but eith no luck. AC Unity and many otber games just font show any change when switching between Z3D normal, adaptive or off. I know Z3D isnt as good as geometric but for example in AC Origins, AC Odyssey Metro Exodus and many others are awesome in Z3D Normal. And i can play it on high settings 2560×1440 in cinema mode with max screen offset :)
    Maybe it will start working eventually.

maros bruno
    Participant

One more thing… ive read on a reddit forum that people from pimax were trying to contact you wanting to give you pimax HMD so you can make it as compatible as possible (at least thats what i understood from pimax office statements) but they were unable to reach you… this week ill recieve my preordered pimax 5k plus and i hope to use it with vorpx all the time :). Were they trying to contact you? Could you make some cooperation plz? :D
    Thnx for your time and great work… good luck and have a nice day.

Ralf
    Keymaster

They contacted me, but then ignored all requests to get a devkit. Their ‘devkits’ apparently are mainly for YouTubers instead of actual devs, I’m not the only one whose requests were ignored. I ended up purchasing one off Ebay, check the stickied Pimax thread above for the current state of affairs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!