Call of Cthulhu – G3D

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Call of Cthulhu – G3D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    d0kt0r
    Participant

Hi,

Game Engine : Unreal Engine 4.

Just tested Call of Cthulhu with vorpx using the Vampyr new profile from 18.3.0.

It is working Geometry 3D which is nice, but I cannot find any FOV change in config files.

With Geometry, english subtitles are a bit difficult to read (moved letters), but for people who dont need them, game looks good.

Any other advice to improve the experience?

Thanks!

zahncisten
    Participant

I don’t have Cthulhu, but have you compared your custom profile to the one in the cloud? It looks like there was one made by rjkole.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I think he means the new one released this week. Looks pretty cool.

Is the fov good enough at image zoom out around 60?

steph12
    Participant

try this tweak for fov

https://www.en.magicgameworld.com/call-of-cthulhu-how-to-adjust-fov/

i dont have the game, i don’t know if you can set fov as high as 100+ but maybe you can with this tweak.

haints
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion to use the Vampyr profile for this! Decent 3D. What mode and resolution did you select? I think fullVR is actually doable if a little blurry. I used VorpX controls to increase FOV and seemed to work fine. Some fog effects, etc look off but definitely playable! Interested to know what settings others are using too.

EDIT: Shouldn’t this be in the “Game Profiles” forum?

gonzax
    Participant

I can’t even start the game with vorpx. What am I doing wrong? it won’t inject at all, vorpx is running but no luck.

haints
    Participant

I can’t even start the game with vorpx. What am I doing wrong? it won’t inject at all, vorpx is running but no luck.

My guess is you have to select the “Run VorpX Control as administrator” option in the VorpX control panel. I tried testing this by turning that option off, and when I did, VorpX couldn’t hook Call of Cthulu …

gonzax
    Participant

I ran it as admin and the message box saying its injecting appears but then it doesn’t work, it says it’s taking too long and never finishes.

Anyway, has anyone tried the game in full VR? does it work?

Adil3tr
    Participant

I tried it and it ran for about ten seconds, with a 3D environment but all objects appearing as flat cut outs in the 3D world. Then after I took a few steps it crashed to desktop.

dborosev
    Participant

I can make it into the game, but can’t see anything when it starts. Just crazy smears of screen across my eyes. Nothing coherent. Just the menu’s are visible.

zahncisten
    Participant

@dborosev I’ve had that happen in other games when I have motion blur turned on. I don’t own Cthulhu, but maybe you could turn motion blur off if you have it on?

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks. Got it figured out – I was using the existing cloud profile someone made, which doesn’t seem to work. Just creating my own with Vampyr fixed it.

haints
    Participant

Thanks. Got it figured out – I was using the existing cloud profile someone made, which doesn’t seem to work. Just creating my own with Vampyr fixed it.

That was probably for the older Cthulu game.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!