– Turn OFF shadows
– Game does not allow .cfg FOV settings but console commands.
– Enable Console
– Open console and type cg_fov “110” for a FOV of 110°
– Full VR with Headtracking
– Profile available from the cloud
Thanks for this RJ, I enjoyed playing this again last week.
I’ve found the console command “bind q cg_fov 105” to be useful since FOV must be set at the start of each mission. Now I just hit Q as needed.
I also made a few adjustments to suit Rift, fixed shadows and set a gritty color scheme. I’ve added the profile that Rift users are welcome to try. Multiplayer is fun too, but needed a separate profile due to FOV restrictions.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare SP
– bind a key in config.cfg to easy reset FOV 105 at start of each mission. Call of Duty 4\players\profiles\(name)…config.cfg example:
bind Q “cg_fov 105”
– a 4:3 resolution is recommended (1920×1440)
– leave shadows On and all graphics
*Scaling down HUD can misplace sniper scopes and shadows
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare MP
– run the game once to create config_mp.cfg into:
Call of Duty 4\players\profiles\(name)
– edt line to read max FOV of 80:
seta cg_fov “80”
– use a 16:9 resolution (2560×1440) to hide culling.
– turn shadows off, or adjust vorpX HUD sliders to 1.00 to fix offset.
*HUD scale affects sniper scopes, Adjust as desired
*Has some pop-in culling top and bottom from moderate FOV Enhancement
I hope to play the new dx12 Modern Warfare in vorpX one day soon, but for now these are fun to revisit.