Camera height modifier probably shouldn’t carry over to edge peak

Homepage Forums Technical Support Camera height modifier probably shouldn’t carry over to edge peak

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    broksampson
    Participant

So in resident evil 7 I use 2d edge peek to view objects of interest. I’ve usedcamera ht modifier to hide the hideous gun aiming hands which look totally weird like hole punched or something weird. The issue is using edge peek the camera ht modifiers are still in effect and it makes it impossible to see normal things. I’d like an option to keep edge peek a truthful view of the regular game. Possible?
    Thanks
    :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is a clear oversight indeed. Will be changed for the next update.

BTW: I just uploaded an updated RE7 profile (author [vorpX]) to the cloud that should finally fix the hand/weapon halo.

It’s more or less untested though, so consider it potentially broken in some other way. Would be great if you could give some feedback in regard to potential side effects, e.g. anything important like UI elements/text/game objects missing. In that case I would have to revert the fix.

broksampson
    Participant

Cool I’ll let you know. Have a great day until then :)

dellrifter22
    Participant

“should finally fix the hand/weapon halo”

Oh cool! A good reason to replay for Halloween :) . Cheers.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Is the new RE7 profile labeled 18.3.1?

I downloaded the profile listed 18.3.0 to test on Wednesday, which did not appear to fix the weapon halo for me. I’m trying to determine if my vorpX is outdated or if the profile is not working.

My config is still listed as 18.3.0 since reinstall, and does not initiate any updates upon restart.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Installing with the web installer always gets you the latest version. I only have a save game pretty close to the beginning of the game in the first house you enter before you even got a gun. There the halo is fixed for me. Would be great if you could test there and let me know if it’s OK for you in that place or not.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I restarted from the beginning, and yes, the hands look good now. Holding them up reveals no halo. Nice.

I’ve loaded a couple saves and found the hands themselves now look as they should in each eye, it’s just the watch and weapons that still halo.

I’ve discovered you can now make one eye halo-free using the main eye setting, with camera height at zero. So this helps to minimize it some.

Hopefully a full fix wouldn’t have to be on a per item basis. Neat that the hands are working though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for checking. Guess I’ll have to get some savegames from later in the game.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!