camera settings seem to be changing on the fly [skyrim]

Homepage Forums Technical Support camera settings seem to be changing on the fly [skyrim]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    papakapp
    Participant

So, Skyrim, use the Vorpix configure screen to reset skyrim to default. Start a new game. I tend to use the mousewheel a lot to switch form first to third person view on. But it seems like every time I use the mousewheel to zoom in to first person the camera moves position.

First, when I look down I see my feet (as I would expect) then after a while, when I zoom in the camera is in my head, and I am looking through the inside of my body to the grass under my feet. Then next time I zoom in the camera seems to treat my body as an object that the camera has to snap in front of, so then the camera snaps to directly under my feet when I look down. Then the fifth time that I zoom in, the camera might place itself like 4 feet in front of my head.

I can usually use the in game menu to move the camera to a good position, but that number keeps creeping up. So say I had to move the camera to .80… then when the camera position changed I have to go to 1.20 to correct it. then the third time it happens I have to to 1.5 to correct it. After that it gets too far out of tolerance and it becomes pretty much impossible to correct.

Some times I can see my head. Some times my head is gone. (not the the camera is clipping through it. I mean the head is totally gone even though the camera is in a position that it ought to be able to see it.) Other times my torso is enormous even though I didn’t mess with FOV.

Anyway, just wondering how I can force the camera to stay put when I use the mousewheel to zoom in and out.

papakapp
    Participant

*edit* it seems more likely that the camera is changing when I load into a new zone. not when I use the mousewheel.

papakapp
    Participant

I think I figured it out. Just posting in case somebody else has the same problem.

I am using the mod: “immersive first person which controls the camera. I had to use the in-game vorpx config menu to prevent vorpx from altering the game’s video settings. The two programs seemed to be having an arms-race.

Not totally solved yet though. My character is still enormous after the first time I change zones. But then if I change the settings after that first time, it doesn’t seem to change again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!