Can I disable VorpX’s ‘optimal resolution’ functionality?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Can I disable VorpX’s ‘optimal resolution’ functionality?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy864
    Participant

The optimal resolution chosen by VorpX tends to be unoptimal to my eyes.
    Can I turn that off in settings somewhere so I don’t have to change the resolution back every time I launch the game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whenever vorpX handles resolution in a game, there is a ‘Resolution Quality’ setting in the menu that lets you adjust the resolution.

Smoils
    Participant

You can also disable “change game settings” and set a resolution you want that is defined by numbers not words like “beautiful” that have no description behind them

Ralf
    Keymaster

When automatic resolution is available there really is no reason not to use it. The auto computation is a fairly complex algorithm that factors in various vorpX/game settings that may impact the best possible aspect ratio/resolution. Disabling it will often result in less optimal performance.

Even more important are other automatic settings changes, which whenever available for a game typically make sure you get a perfectly matching FOV and/or less graphical glitches. Often these even include things required to get games working at all like choosing the right graphics API or a working AA mode.

You are of course free to dismiss all of that, but please don’t recommend doing so to newcomers. In the best case that makes things harder for no good reason, in the worst case it makes games unplayable with vorpX for average users entirely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!