Can I play desktop games in 3D sbs .?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Can I play desktop games in 3D sbs .?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Via vorpx theater ? I would like to play 2d desktop games via steam but is it possible to add a 3D sbs option with vorpx ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Due to popular demand since a few versions there is a ‘Generic 3D Display’ device that you can select in the config app to play SBS on your monitor.

Caveat: this is not officially supported. vorpX is meant for VR, you are basically on your own using it for SBS monitor gaming.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

I was looking exactly for this thing you told me.It puts non vr games into a 3d sbs desktop mode.Thanks again.

drowhunter
    Participant

Hi I just realized this feature existed and have a question.

Is it possible to support 3d monitor formats other than SBS 3D

I have an LG 3d Monitor and would like Line Interleaved and Line Interleaved Reverse

this would be a great bonus since products like
    3d Vision and Tridef have bit the dust.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Certainly possible, but not a priority. Occasionally I spend a bit of time on the 3D display mode though, so adding other output methods *might* happen at some point.

ethyr2000
    Participant

Ralf, after examining the options- SBS is probably the best option for 3d TV/Projectors. Of the HDMI 3d formats, Frame Packed for resolution is the best – but one is stuck at 24 fps. Ok for movies and maybe relatively low action experiences. SBS gets up to the more satisfactory 60 fps, but often drops to 720p per eye.

What’s annoying is with 4k Projectors- even passive projectors could theoretically support full 1080p for both eyes. I hope projectors hold their 3d ground and not get dismissed as a fad. Full SBS (1080p per eye) may be worth exploring – but so much of the display hardware must have software that supports these features. It seems to be more of a player issue – which vorpX could resolve.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!