Can not delete profile

Homepage Forums Technical Support Can not delete profile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eychimo
    Participant

Can not get rid of an existing profile to make a custom one. All i get is can not assign an executable that already exist and can not get rid of the ole profile., So we can no longer make custom profiles?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Official profiles can’t be overwritten, but you can upload your individual settings for the profile to the cloud just like you could with a full custom profile.

Eychimo
    Participant

so let me see if i have this right :)
    i make a custom profile, then send it to cloud, i will be able to install it from there to over ride the official profile? Or have i got it wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not a full profile, but you can share and download user settings for official profiles. There are basically two flavors of user profiles: full user profiles for games where no official profile exists and user settings for official profiles. You can’t entirely override an official profile, but you can create/share/download user settings for official profiles.

nrosko
    Participant

I’m at the point that I’m not able to use anything other than use the local profile, I don’t understand what point there is of a cloud profile? If the official profile is buggy we can’t do anything to fix it or try a new one. What’s the point to be able to dupe the profile to make a new when you can’t assign the exe?
    You suggested duplicating the game exe but this doesn’t work probably because of drm.
    Its stuff like this that every time I use this app it ends up being left for 6 months.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above you can change/save/restore/download user settings for official profiles at any time.

The main reason why official profiles aren’t fully overridable is that game udates can occasionally break vorpX profiles. When that happens, official profiles get updated as soon as I become aware of the issue and with the next update you automatically have a fixed profile with your user settings still being intact. That would not be possible if you had completely overriden the official profile before, you’d be stuck with the now defunct override. Similarly: downloading an older override profile that no longer works right because a game patch broke 3D or other things in the meantime would break a game that worked before.

Given how often games are updated these days, due to the above full profile overrides would create a fairly brutal mess, many older user setups in the cloud would be entirely worthless by now. Hence profiles are split into two parts: a base profile, mostly with the rather technical stuff like 3D settings etc. This part is overridable for user profiles, but not for official ones. On top of that a user settings part, which is independent from the base profile. This part can always be changed as you please and even stays intact when the underlying base profile gets replaced with an updated version.

I understand that on first sight not having full control may look annoying to you, but this system wasn’t put place to annoy you at all, quite the opposite actually.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!