Can someone help me with Fallout 76 setup?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Can someone help me with Fallout 76 setup?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gojak
    Participant

I’m sorry, I’m brand new to this. I just got an Oculus Quest 2 on Friday, so this is all brand new.

Anyway, I’m using a USB 3.0 to USB-c cable in order to enable Oculus Rift or Link or whatever they call it. I have Fallout 76 on Steam. I have bought VorpX.

Can someone please tell me the steps I need to get up and running from everything shutdown (PC and VR device).

Again sorry, it’s all a little overwhelming at first.

Gojak
    Participant

For some reason I can’t get audio to play through the VR device. Like as the game loads from the Desktop Viewer I can hear, but when it goes to fullscreen in game the audio cuts off.

Gojak
    Participant

What is really odd, is if I press the menu button on the VR controller to bring up the menu, the audio comes back on. But when I close the menu, no audio again.

Gojak
    Participant

Okay, I figured out audio. However, when in game the edges of the screen are too far out of my field of vision. For example, the quest tracker is on the top right.
    But, if I look that direction I really can’t see it well and it’s very blurry. What setting do I need to adjust to correct this?

Ogrescar
    Participant

Change your mode in the vorpx main menu from vr to cinema or immersive, or use the edgepeek key to get the full screen to display.

Gojak
    Participant

Doesn’t cinema mode defeat the purpose of VorpX? Isn’t it the same as playing in theater mode? Also what does immersive do?

Ogrescar
    Participant

Cinema mode isn’t flat. It’s like playing on a giant 3d tv. Immersive mode takes you closer to the screen, enables head-tracking, edgepeek (pushing the screen back out so you can see the hud), etc.

For most third person games these are better modes than full vr. Full vr works best for first person games.

Gojak
    Participant

One final question (I hope). When I get in game the mouse cursor seems “bound” somewhat. For example, when I open the pip boy, the cursor seems to hit some kind of invisible “wall” and I can’t move it higher in order to select the stats, inventory, data, radio sections of the pip boy. When playing the game on monitor, the cursor will go anywhere on screen. But when using VorpX it goes almost everywhere, but like I said it seems to hit these invisible “walls”, and I can’t move it beyond them even though I should be able to.

Ogrescar
    Participant

The cursor is bound to the dimensions of the gui. If it’s too small, you can adjust it with the gui scale settings on the display tab.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!