Can Vorpx be used to drive display on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Gear VR?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Can Vorpx be used to drive display on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Gear VR?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

I noticed the higher pixel density on the Samsung Gear VR with Galaxy S7 (577 ppi) 1440p instead of 1200….I also saw someone using TrinusVR.com to push SBS output from a PC to the GearVR but think it uses tridef or something the like. I was wondering if VorpX could do something similar to use the PC processing power to output to the GearVR better display? It could mean more vorpx sales for you Ralf…and yet another way for us PC gamers to tap into VR who already have the Gear VR with the possiblity of even better image quality than CV1 not to mention easier present availability. What do you think, Ralph?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Streaming to phone based headsets is on the nice-to-have-list for a long time, but there are so many other things with higher priority that I can’t say when – or even if – that actually will happen.

bcozier
    Participant

Here’s something very easy to consider…all it would require to work with Trinusvr is for you to add an option to send your vorpx sbs output to the computer main display without requiring a rift or vive to be present. TrinusVR does the rest!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!