Can vorpX desktop do 3D sbs

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Can vorpX desktop do 3D sbs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Galaxieon
    Participant

I’m new to vorpX still learning. But I was in vorpX descktop and was think how cool it would be if I could 3Dsbs the desktop so everything i do on my pc looks 3d in vorpX desktop Including movies I’m watching or surfing the web. I cant find it anywhere and not even sure if it could be done.

TheBalt
    Participant

As far as Ive ever used it – I could be wrong, but Vorpx doesnt ‘create’ a SBS image for you to use in Desktop mode. That being said, if the content is SBS (movie or a game with Reshade or Geforce 3d) you can select a setting in the Vorpx Menu while in Desktop Mode under “Image Settings”, go to “Stereo Type” and change to Side by Side.

Again, the -content- has to already be in SBS mode on your monitor for it to create the 3d effect. Thats as far as I know, though. This could not be 100% accurate, but thats what I know about it. Sure someone else can expand on it further, but if youve already got content that is SBS that you want to use, that should make it 3d in the headset.

ToxicMike
    Participant

From how i understood it, vorpX reads out “depth information” to create the 3d-effect (many games are based on that “depth-info”), so vorpX can´t create 3D-effects on programs not having that sort of information and since there is no such a thing in 2D movies, vorpX can´t make them 3D along with all other programs not having that “depth information” or what it is called.

Galaxieon
    Participant

Ok thank you.

Megablaster
    Participant

If you run media player classic player & load up your SBS movie file it will run in full *3D. You just need to set Vorpx to SBS mode & your *done!

lokiss88
    Participant

Worth saying that Big screen VR allows you to flick to 3d sbs. I’ve used it in the past to play Tomb raider.

Another app worth looking in to for sbs gaming would be Helix, available on steam.

TheBalt
    Participant

Worth saying that Big screen VR allows you to flick to 3d sbs. I’ve used it in the past to play Tomb raider.

Another app worth looking in to for sbs gaming would be Helix, available on steam.

Just to add – unlike most stuff, im not sure about Big Screen VR; but Vorpx Desktop viewer w/ Reshade still includes Headtracking, in the event you wanted headtracking still in a game that was SBS 3d

Got Doom Eternal in 3d w/ Headtracking this way

ToxicMike
    Participant

Big Screen VR?

Am i actually the only one having serious issues with certain games runnin on that godforsaken crap app?

I am currently having problems with WOLFENSTEIN II beyond imagination, while i just thought i finally got rid of all kind of bugs, the fu**ing app again keeps crashing and throwing me back to the VR-Oculus Menu. Weird thing is this already happened a few times but then it went stright for a few days without any troubles, now it seems to be back and only god knows what is causing this.

Big Screen once was a fine app, but problems with certain games are getting even worse with every update and games not working alright are as well increasing, with a few retro-pixel-graphic shooters stuttering, who wouldn´t even stutter on a friggin intel pentium II processor.

I am gettin so damn frustrated with this crappy shit that i think am sadly gonna abandon this CRAP APP for once and for all, while being even more thankful to have vorpX, more than ever.

Galaxieon
    Participant

VorpX and Bigscreen to me Both have there uses but VorpX is way cooler , easier and fun to play on. I like Bigscreen for watching movies or playing Fornite with my friends in the IMAX theater.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!