Can we remove exes provided by vorpx official profiles?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Can we remove exes provided by vorpx official profiles?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hughmanwho
    Participant

I would like to play Command & Conquer Renegade, so I tried adding ‘Game.exe’ which is what renegade calls it’s exe.

Unfortunately.. ‘game.exe’ is already used by “Dead Or Alive 5 – Last Round”. Seems like name that I’m sure is used by other games too.

Would be nice to be able to remove game.exe as an “Assigned Program” because otherwise, I’m not allowed to add it to other games as it’s already claimed.

luka2099
    Participant

No. You cant try to chance the file exe . Forse exemple metro.exe to metro1.exe

ToxicMike
    Participant

I once had the same problem and solved it by just re-naming the exe-file either by just adding a number or using a completely other name, just as luka2099 already said, so yes it works indeed.

As long there is no programm/software/app who is in some way accessing the game´s exe-file (joypad- or mouse-configuration software you are using with the game, etc.) it doesn´t matter what name the exe is actually carrying.

hughmanwho
    Participant

Unfortunately the game crashes if I change it’s name :(

I think it’s because of DRM or maybe because it’s something to do with steam starting a launcher which starts it and for some reason it can’t be started on it’s own.

@Ralf.. can this be changed in a future version of vorpx itself?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!