Cannot get VorpX to start

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cannot get VorpX to start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    somestrangeguy
    Participant

I’ve tried everything I can think of but every time I try to start VorpX it gives me an error message saying

“Sorry, vorpX encountered a critical error and cannot do its magic :\
    Try restarting the application. If the problem persists, reinstalling vorpX might help.”

I’ve tried reinstalling as admin, running as admin, rebooting, completely uninstalling any and all antivirus, and looking through 60 pages here in the forums along with many google searches. I will say when I first bought this on my last computer it worked fine. But now even after I got a new download link and registered again and stuff it just doesn’t want to work.
    Please, I’ve been at this forever now and I’m out of ideas. VorpX support stopped responding 2 weeks ago after just 1 message saying to reinstall.

zahncisten
    Participant

I seem to remember some people saying that they had to also check and delete the vorpx folder after uninstall as well. You could try that.
    I’m guessing this is when you try to start anything vorpx related? (Vorpx config, etc) in other words, we aren’t talking about a hooking issue? You can you get vorpx running, but it won’t hook?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This message is only displayed if either vital files are missing (hence the recommendation to reinstall) or your Windows installation is corrupt.

If you use anything else than Windows Defender, you should try to uninstall your AV program. Some particularly invasive AV programs can’t really be disabled until you uninstall them and may delete vital vorpX files although you think you disabled your AV program. On Windows 10 Defender kicks in when you uninstall third party AV programs.

If you are 100% sure AV software is not your problem, pretty much the only option left is a corrupt Windows installation, especially considering that it worked for over a year (purchase date 01/2018 as far as I can tell) and now suddenly doesn’t.

somestrangeguy
    Participant

I reinstalled windows after it worked on my laptop and that did the trick. Thank you so much for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!