Cant get any games to Launch with Vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cant get any games to Launch with Vorpx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    robs07m6s
    Participant

Okay, so I have the latest vorpx but cannot play any of the games within my HTC VIVE headset. Nothing happens and I am even using the prebuilt profiles… games always launch on desktop, never anything in the HMD.

StreetPreacher
    Participant

Are you sure that the VorPX driver is running, and the icon is showing up in the system tray before trying to launch a game? I’ve noticed a few times that the driver wasn’t running when I thought it was, and it took me a few minutes to figure out what was wrong :)

robs07m6s
    Participant

Are you sure that the VorPX driver is running, and the icon is showing up in the system tray before trying to launch a game? I’ve noticed a few times that the driver wasn’t running when I thought it was, and it took me a few minutes to figure out what was wrong 🙂

Yes, absolutely the driver is running. I can get vorpx desktop viewer to show within my hmd but not any games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The desktop viewer working but no games sounds strongly like an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Many programs also hook into games and can cause such an issue. Not all of them are obvious.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

robs07m6s
    Participant

The desktop viewer working but no games sounds strongly like an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Many programs also hook into games and can cause such an issue. Not all of them are obvious.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

Yep, followed your guide on disabling stuff and its a no go still.

seanmoreno
    Participant

Hi!

I have the same problem… after update I cant play anything with HTC vive!
    The Rift cv1 Works fine!
    I followed the guide also, disabling stuff and its a no go still

robs07m6s
    Participant

Hi!

I have the same problem… after update I cant play anything with HTC vive!
    The Rift cv1 Works fine!
    I followed the guide also, disabling stuff and its a no go still

Thanks, good to know its not just me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ seanmoreno : Rift working but not Vive sounds very, very odd. There is no difference how games are hooked between the both headsets. Please try restarting Steam VR, your PC etc. This absolutely can’t be a hooking issue.

@ robs07m6s : Did you sent the trouble shoot archive I requested in my original answer to support |at| vorpx com? I can’t see any e-mail with trouble shoot data in the inbox ATM. Can’t promise anything, but I will take a look at it and check whether you maybe overlooked something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!