Can't get stereoscopic 3D to work (e.g. LiS:BtS)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Can't get stereoscopic 3D to work (e.g. LiS:BtS)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    VV00
    Participant

I tried with several games (Tomb Raider 2013 had weird 3D, two flat layers offset from each other) and so far whatever options I choose for stereo doesn’t seem to have any effect. Life is Strange: Before the Storm is on the list of officially supported games with stereo 3D and yet there is zero stereoscopy.

I have a Geforce 1050 Ti. LiS:BtS is the Steam version. Tried on vorpX versions 18.1.5 and 18.2.5.

Ralf
    Keymaster

LiS:BtS still works fine here with 18.2.5. Checked the menu screen and the only savegame I have at the beginning of Episode 1 for you, both looked as they are supposed to look.

Might be an issue with a corrupt profile or messed up settings. First please try a profile reset (or full factory reset) in the config app. If that does not help, I would suggest to wait a few days until the next vorpX version is released. Incidentally it comes with a new way to create G3D for Unity Engine 5 games that is less likely to break with new game versions. Shouldn’t be necessary, but might help with your issue.

Can’t check TR2013 right now, but I’ll look into it. Hasn’t been checked for a long time, so maybe something broke. IIRC the game currently is Z3D only though, so you should expect less depth than with Geometry 3D titles.

VV00
    Participant

Resetting the profile didn’t help. I’ll wait for that update to see if it fixes my problem.

I have another problem (I guess I should make a new thread for it though?), the e key is mapped to a button on the right touch controller but when I press it, it only registers a short tap even if I keep pressing it. For some actions you need to hold that button, like for carrying a cube in Portal 2.

Portal 2 runs in stereo 3D and direct VR btw, as I found out earlier today when I tried it. So that’s one working. I did seem to be displaced relative to the actual walls though, when I tried to go through portals or doors I would hit an invisible wall, only when I stepped to the side and tried walking through the walls I actually could move forward. The issue resolved after taking the first lift. I was hovering outside of it as it ascended, only in the next area my position and physics seemed to match again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that Tomb Raider [2013] not only gets fixed Z3D, but also newly added Geometry 3D with the next update.

VV00
    Participant

Good to hear. Looking forward to that update.

beatet
    Participant

Just a heads-up that Tomb Raider [2013] not only gets fixed Z3D, but also newly added Geometry 3D with the next update.

I´ve been playing tis game and it´s amazing.
    It´s like a native one.
    Congrats for your work ralph and I hope you can do the same with Raide and Sadow of the tomb raider

VV00
    Participant

Tomb Raider works fine now, just how I would expect it to. That’s great.

No such luck with Lis:BtS though. Any idea why that one would work on your end but not on mine?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I would consider that next to impossible with the latest vorpX version TBH. The LiS:BtS profile now uses a parser that extracts all relevant 3D creation parameters on the fly by analyzing the game’s shaders when they are loaded. Unlike the method that was used before that can’t even break with game updates unless the Unity engine (which the game is based on) undergoes major changes.

All I can recommend is resetting your profile database (again), sorry.

VV00
    Participant

Resetting didn’t help.

When I cycle through the 3D reconstruction settings (geometry, z-adaptive, z-index, off), they all look the same. There’s a flat screen without depth hovering in front of some kind of (also flat) illumination (?) effect in the background. Mentioning this as it seems to be specific to this game, it isn’t in Tomb Raider for example.

That’s in immersive screen mode, cinema mode and Full VR don’t have that but they aren’t stereoscopic either.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since most Unity 5 games now use the same shader parser that I mentioned above, it’s a bit odd that apparently noone else encounters your issue with any of these games.

Please send a trouble shoot data archive to support |at| vorpx com. You can create it in the config app. Maybe the profile doesn’t load correctly for whatever reason. If the log file indicates something that might be wrong, it will be addressed for the next update.

VV00
    Participant

I sent the archive to support. I hope you can fix this. That apparently others aren’t having the same problem doesn’t really solve it for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This one goes on me. Run the game windowed, that should fix it.

Alternatively you can get an updated profile from the cloud that works without doing that.

BTW: while for Full VR mode 4:3/5:4 resolutions are highly recommended in most cases, for cinema/immersive screen mode I would personally prefer widescreen resolutions. Just looks better in these modes.

VV00
    Participant

That indeed fixed it, thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!