Can’t Hook Anything

Homepage Forums Technical Support Can’t Hook Anything

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tman0617
    Participant

I am entirely lost at this point. For two days now I have tried everything to get Vorpx to hook to any game I own, and nothing is happening. I have disabled my AV, removed all overlays from anything that could possibly run, manually changed graphics settings for certain games, reinstalled Vorpx, restarted my computer, and tried running everything in every order possible. All that happens, though, is the game runs as normal without Vorpx ever hooking to it.

What really confuses me about this is the fact that it is so sudden. Not only will it not work on games I haven’t tried Vorpx with before, like RDR2 and Bannerlord, but also with games like Arma 3 and Verdun/Tannenberg that have worked before. Even IL-2 1946, which I played in Vorpx only two weeks ago, doesn’t work!

Please help. Like I said, this is a brand new issue, and I have used and loved Vorpx for over a year. No idea what caused this to start now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If it worked before and now all of a sudden doesn’t, the only really useful advice is to revert any changes you have made to your PC in the meantime.

Apart from that: hooking issues almost always are conflicts with other programs that also hook into a game’s graphics pipeline or interfere in some even more fundamental way (like virus scanners). The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter,

tman0617
    Participant

That’s what is so odd about this to me. I have not changed anything with my computer or any of its programs since it all worked last. The only things which might have changed were automatic updates to windows, antivirus, or any other programs beyond my control and thus I am unable to revert those changes. Don’t think I’m blaming you at all in this, I was just hoping maybe this was an issue you’ve seen before and would have an answer to.

Most importantly: If you happen to use any other antivurus than Windows Defender, please try to exclude the vorpX program folder or – better – get rid of it. There is no real need for invasive third party AV on Windows 10. Windows Defender is moe than good enough for several years now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really suggest more than what you find the pinned trouble shooting guide above. If you haven’t done so already, check it out, especially the part about hooking conflicts.

Most importantly: if you happen to use any other antivirus than Windows Defender, please try to exclude the vorpX program folder or – better – get rid of it. There is no real need for invasive third party AV on Windows 10. Windows Defender is moe than good enough for several years now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!