Cant use VorpX on my quest.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cant use VorpX on my quest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hapo1313
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I have been trying to use the VorpX on my quest to play Resident Evil, but i cant make it to work.

Everytime i start it just keeps on a loop of launching vorpx, exiting, launching again, exit. I have tried USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, i have also uninstall it VorpX and install it again, i tried Quest/Rift/Oculus mode and HTC Mode, on Oculus Store and Steam VR, none of them works, what can i do to solve it?

I have tried Admin mode as well but still won’t hook in the game with that neither enter the desktop mode.

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

First off, the two possible valid configurations for a Quest are this:

1. Wired via Oculus Link (any USB 2/3 cable will do), headset type in the vorpX config app has to be ‘Oculus’ in this case.
    2. Wireless with Virtual Desktop (additional app), headset type in the vorpX config app has to be ‘SteamVR’ in this case.

Your issue however sounds more like a typical hooking conflict caused by some other program on your PC (e.g. some invasive third party antivirus). The pinned trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

hapo1313
    Participant

I disabled all antivirus, but vorpx does not seems to load, it keeps trying too but it wont.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Diffucult to say anything specific without specific information. If you can launch the config app, it would be great if you could create a trouble shoot data archive and send that to support |at| vorpx com. Maybe the logfile contains something useful.

If you can’t open the config app either, you can find the logfile here: [Your User]\AppData\Local\Temp\vorpX.log

The AppData folder is hidden per default. Make sure to enable ‘Show hidden files’ in Windows Explorer if you don’t see it.

hapo1313
    Participant

Sent the file, lets see what might be the problem

pixelcowboy
    Participant

I also have a Quest and VorpX does not seem to launch when I launch a game. I can launch the theater though.

Zarius
    Participant

I am using the Quest 2 with Link and Vorpx, had a similar issue with the game appearing to load but screen appearing brown – I had a message in Oculus software to “update oculus drivers” which I clicked on to update and then rebooted the PC and working okay now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!